Worst baby name ever?

From the General Register Office statistics, last year one baby girl in Scotland was given the name ' PORPHYRIA' !!

Poppy 63
Poppy-Ann 1
Porphyria 1
Porsha 1

http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/files1/stats/pop-names-06-t4.pdf

WTF were the parents thinking? I'm guessing that they didn't actually mention this to any medical staff. Either that or the maternity ward staff just sniggered and let them carry on.

(And 'Porsha' is going to be correcting other people's 'mistake' for the rest of her life.)

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hate to bring it up but isn't the bard's version 'Portia' and the car 'Porsche'?

Chavette mongs who name their baby...

...Beyonce'...

Without a doubt, the worst baby name...ever.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
My bet is she'll be good at football, with a beyonce like that she'll be able to head any cross....

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
leveller said:
Well two people, by the looks of its called their boys 'A', should be easy to spell then :?

Well judging by historical records 'X' used to be quite a common name ;)

George and Bush spring to mind. Not once but twice. Will that family ever learn.
Then again you could not christen the second one oooops sorry Janitor or Junior "Make glorious crusader of Iraqi land for good and benefit of America and fathers unfinished business" Bush.

Adolph, apparently especially unpopular in Israel.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
If my surname was Hunt I doubt I would have been able to resist calling my son Michael 8O

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
rebel_with_a_cause said:
Adolph, apparently especially unpopular in Israel.
..mind you the place wouldn't exist without him...now that IS Catholic guilt...

My wife told me of a young woman on the estate where she manages a project (details unimportant).

She'd called her daughter 'Latrina'.

Lucky_Jim said:
My wife told me of a young woman on the estate where she manages a project (details unimportant).

She'd called her daughter 'Latrina'.
I think 'Chlamydia' would be good. Sounds posh.

I once worked with a girl named Melina. For those of you who dont recognise this word the dictionary describes it as.
Melena or malaena, a symptom of peptic ulcers and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract .

Oh how we laughed when one of the blokes told her what it means and she ran off crying! 8O