Worst baby name ever?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Apollonia, Jul 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the General Register Office statistics, last year one baby girl in Scotland was given the name ' PORPHYRIA' !!

Poppy 63
    Poppy-Ann 1
    Porphyria 1
    Porsha 1

http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/files1/stats/pop-names-06-t4.pdf

WTF were the parents thinking? I'm guessing that they didn't actually mention this to any medical staff. Either that or the maternity ward staff just sniggered and let them carry on.

(And 'Porsha' is going to be correcting other people's 'mistake' for the rest of her life.)

2. its pronounced porshh by us english people which means it is right!

3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Hate to bring it up but isn't the bard's version 'Portia' and the car 'Porsche'?

4. Chavette mongs who name their baby...

...Beyonce'...

Without a doubt, the worst baby name...ever.

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

My bet is she'll be good at football, with a beyonce like that she'll be able to head any cross....

6. Well two people, by the looks of its called their boys 'A', should be easy to spell then :?

7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well judging by historical records 'X' used to be quite a common name ;)

8. So how do you cope with chip 'n' pin? :D

9. George and Bush spring to mind. Not once but twice. Will that family ever learn.
    Then again you could not christen the second one oooops sorry Janitor or Junior "Make glorious crusader of Iraqi land for good and benefit of America and fathers unfinished business" Bush.

10. Adolph, apparently especially unpopular in Israel.

11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

If my surname was Hunt I doubt I would have been able to resist calling my son Michael 8O

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

..mind you the place wouldn't exist without him...now that IS Catholic guilt...

13. A boy named Sue.

14. Horatia?
    Danae?