Worrying problems

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
In the last year I have lost half my bodyweight, i was quite chuffed when I reached the weight I was when in the army. But I am still losing weight despite what I eat. About 3 years ago I was given 9 units of blood after bleeding from my leg and from my bum.
This was after being told 6 months prior that my kidneys were playing up on and off.
After a camera was put up to see if the bleeding was from the bowels as opposed to piles. They saw a lump which was removed and tested. It wasn't an issue but i was told they picked up pre cancerous cells.
I now have regular pain from the kidney areas and my IBS has got worse. Constantly tired and always feeling rough is getting boring now. I know I should see my doctor; but to be honest I'm fed up with it all. I don't want to put my wife and family through more stress and I don't want to go to the hospital.
It's a bit self destructive but i just don't want to know and will let fate make the decisions.
The only things I will do are the tests; and if eceivingit's bad I won't go for treatment. I would be happy just recieving pain relief if it comes to it.

Are you sure you have chosen the correct username?

Seriously.... see the docs mate. They might not fix it, in fact they probably will, but they certainly won't make things any worse.

If half the stories about Picolax are true, then you've already been through hell even before the quacks start their doom and gloom.
Fingers crossed

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
What size are your boots?

I understand you being fed up with it all, but for both yours and your family's sake, get it seen to ASAP.

All the best to you.

In the last year I have lost half my bodyweight, i was quite chuffed when I reached the weight I was when in the army. But I am still losing weight despite what I eat. About 3 years ago I was given 9 units of blood after bleeding from my leg and from my bum.
This was after being told 6 months prior that my kidneys were playing up on and off.
After a camera was put up to see if the bleeding was from the bowels as opposed to piles. They saw a lump which was removed and tested. It wasn't an issue but i was told they picked up pre cancerous cells.
I now have regular pain from the kidney areas and my IBS has got worse. Constantly tired and always feeling rough is getting boring now. I know I should see my doctor; but to be honest I'm fed up with it all. I don't want to put my wife and family through more stress and I don't want to go to the hospital.
It's a bit self destructive but i just don't want to know and will let fate make the decisions.
The only things I will do are the tests; and if eceivingit's bad I won't go for treatment. I would be happy just recieving pain relief if it comes to it.

I'm not really in a position to lecture, but I reckon that your family will appreciate every day you manage to stick around.

Now.. about that tenner...

If half the stories about Picolax are true, then you've already been through hell even before the quacks start their doom and gloom.
Fingers crossed
This is advice from the NHS about Picolax

"Please make sure you are near a toilet once you have started taking your bowel preparation. "

What it doesn't explain is that 'near' means 'within inches of'.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Bloody hell mate.

I won't claim to know what you're going through, but my recommendation would be (in the immediate future - like today!), is getting adequate pain relief, and whatever it takes to get some uninterrupted sleep.

Then review.

Best of British x

I may have got it wrong but I’m reading this as a cry for help, your mental fortitude seems to be suffering and you said yourself that you feel self destructive and won’t go for treatment.

I am sure your wife and family would rather have a stressed out grumpy sick DieHard than none at all.

Get some counselling regarding your mental state and take it from there. Whilst you are waiting for a referral I am dam sure there are others on here who have gone through similar experiences who you could talk to.

The only things I will do are the tests; and if eceivingit's bad
I won't go for treatment. I would be happy just recieving pain relief if it comes to it.
GO AND GET YOUR SHITBOX CHECKED YOU SELFISH BASTARD!

You don't want to put your family through... If you leave it they, your family, will either be dealing with you in pain getting medical treatment, cleaning up after you when your turd tumbler falls off or digging a plot a lobbing your shite & blood infested carcass in the ground: Feck off to your doctor!

...what size boots are you?

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Take it from me; whilst you're at least mobile and able to talk, your family aren't half as stressed right now as they will be when they're organising your funeral or wondering how their lives will go on without you.

Best delay that bit as long as possible.

Doctor - bet you they are already worrying now because they aren't blind: weightloss could be the IBS moving up a notch, in which case, doctor, peppermint, ginger, sleep, drugs: IBS and Crohns can cause malaise, weight loss and depression. Raising kids as a widow unneccesarily is not a good place.

I understand where you are coming from. I watched my dad slowly die of cancer. 4 and a half good years of still being active, then one year of wasting away and being bed ridden. I think if I ever ended up being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer like him I would just take the pain meds and **** the radiotherapy/chemotherapy off.

However, if I was you I would get checked out by the doctors first before writing an ARRSE bucket list. You owe it to your family.