Worrior driven by civvie crushes car

Lets be honest wouldnt you just love to do that, i can just see it now Asda carpark on a saturday afternoon. I would pay money to have a go.

overpromoted said:
Outside court Carroll's mother, Tina, said: "It is lucky he was a good intentioned young lad not a terrorist who got in that vehicle I think the Army must bear responsibility too."
:roll:
Well he's only 22 and a young lad. You can't expect him to take responsibility for anything!! (Even if it would be the first time in his life!!!!)

:x :?

C

cloudbuster

Always someone else's fault these days, isn't it? At 22 he's an adult, and therefore ought to know the difference between right and wrong. In his defence, it seems he still lives with Mummy.

BTW, this vehicle in the title; a bit manic-depressive was it?

You're not allowed to say manic-depressive these days, its Bi-polar!!

FrankIG said:
overpromoted said:
Outside court Carroll's mother, Tina, said: "It is lucky he was a good intentioned young lad not a terrorist who got in that vehicle I think the Army must bear responsibility too."
Well he's only 22 and a young lad. You can't expect him to take responsibility for anything!! (Even if it would be the first time in his life!!!!)

Driving without a licence, without insurance, taking without owners consent, possibly criminal damage (don't know if it is as the car's owner wasn't bothered).

C

cloudbuster

Bi-polar?

"Political Correctness is the language of cowardice".

W. Connolly, Comedian

FrankIG said:
overpromoted said:

And he was aided, abetted and encouraged by serving army personell, so perhaps his mum does have a point.

What like a shop owner having stuff on the shelf incase a shoplifter feels the need :?

DesktopCommando said:
What like a shop owner having stuff on the shelf incase a shoplifter feels the need :?
No like the shop staff encouraging him.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Of course the army must take resposibility. They didn't do enough to prvent this happening. Should have removed the tracks, and taken out power pack. Also, there is a good case for this misguided and misunderstood youth suing the MoD. If they had not purchased the vehicle in the first place, and enabled it to be in that area, then this whole ghastly business would never have happened, nor would he be scarred for life by this unpleasant incident!

old_fat_and_hairy said:
Of course the army must take resposibility. They didn't do enough to prvent this happening. Should have removed the tracks, and taken out power pack. Also, there is a good case for this misguided and misunderstood youth suing the MoD. If they had not purchased the vehicle in the first place, and enabled it to be in that area, then this whole ghastly business would never have happened, nor would he be scarred for life by this unpleasant incident!
Indeed, this is true. The guy didn't break into the camp, break into a hanger and then hotwire the vehicle. He had been staying with a mate for weeks and was encouraged by serving soldiers to commit this crime and then return the vehicle. So yes, I know your comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek but in fact a huge chunk of responsibility does indeed lie with the army.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Would only have got a custodial sentence had he actually have been a serving soldier as that would have fallen under the 'betrayal of trust' codicils.
As it is, it takes a very serious offence to have a court impose a custodial sentence.Either murder, manslaughter, Sec 1 Crim damage act or being a frail, elderly person failing to pay councl tax.

Latest Threads