Worn Out and Past It?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Dec 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. standing in line at the local food emporium waiting for the old biddy up front to find exact change and then put back stuff she couldn't pay for, when I spotted the usual assortment of ' news' mags extolling the peccadillos of stars and celebs and such..

amongst the slavering over Tiger Woods not able to keep his woody in his pants was yet another puff piece on Angelina [ Suicide Watch!.. Anorexia!! Divorcing Brad! Adopting More Kids for X-mas! etc. etc.. ] All I could see is that she's starting to look a bit ropey and, for the life of me, I couldn't think of any flick she'd been in lately that stirred the box office/popcorn sales..

Got me thinking... Is Angelina now officially ' past it'.. already seeing 'sex icon' Pammy Anderson getting desperate to hold on to her w@nk fantasy status by appearing in all kinds of drek to keep her name out front but looking like her 'best before' date is coming up fast.. The Genie in an Alladin Panto??

Are we burning through our 'stars' faster these days?.. Who else is ready to be tossed aside for a new model? Meryl Streep finally out of the loop al a Sharon Stone? Catherine Zeta Jones a write off? Who of the ' new crop' will live on as a ' legend' like Sophia Loren? or fade into a parody of her former self like Brigitte Bardot?

worth a tally sheet?

Column A: Still good for a few years yet
    Column B: Nah, Pathetically hanging on, its embarrassing
    Column C: Building to legendary status
    Column D; She isn't dead yet?

2. msr

msr LE

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Column A: Kylie Minogue

Column B: Kylie Minogue

Column C: Kylie Minogue