Worn bores

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Dec 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

This is an interesting thread in Canadian Gun Nuts;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought some of you may be interested!

2. Was there any mention of the manufacturer of the gash barrel? It pains me to think that a perfectly good barrel (bottom picture) was cut up for this photo. Interesting article all the same.

3. Sorry.Need new glasses-thought it said born whores

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Follow the thread, the chap posting it is a Canaadian gunsmith makes a lot of competition rifles, some good posts and the usual odd ones but remember its not all about who made it but what you fed it!

5. And who's holding it.

6. I love this stuff, keep posting Ugly.

Slightly off topic, but are their any good instructional videos for gunsmithing out there.

To be clear I don't want to bodge at anything just want to increase my knowledge base. Hate going into the gunshop and feeling like a complete muppet or worse being sold a pup when you do decide on something.

t'internet is alright but its like panning for gold sometimes.

7. Thank you for posting that Ugly. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words and they have explained a lot to me. I am in the process of getting into full bore target shooting (yes, I know you hate that) and have been doing a lot of reading about the sport and the factors that can affect accuracy. This was one area that the books did not explain well. Thank you again.

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I dont hate full bore target shooting, I love it, its the NRA numpties I cant abide!
    I will keep an eye out for more stuff that forum is pretty good, the Canadians regularly come over and teach us how to shoot!

9. Sorry ugly, misinterpreted something you wrote some time ago. Hope Chrissie and New Year were good and you got some new "toys" to play with.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No probs, thanks for the thought, books mainly this time and a couple of stalks plus my best bitch back working. I wish I could turn the clock back to 1987 when Bisley could be quite good fun (or it looked that for the civvies).

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

You used to be able to buy home gunsmithing videos in the states, I suspect Brownells still carries them in DVD.

12. I thought the thread title referred to some of the Arrse posters....

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Dont, its all going smelly over in RHQ and some people are rising to the bait in an unnecesary way!

14. And after reading the NSRA Chief Executive's Nov 09 report to the shooting council (page 4, see "2012 Olympic and Paralympic Shooting Venue"), I'll agree with you...

...when the NRA (who conduct exactly zero Olympic events, and seem to view the ISSF as the devil incarnate) insist on mouthing off about how and where to run Olympic events while rejecting any NSRA input (who are responsible for most of the Olympic shooting events, i.e. all those which don't involve a shotgun) it makes you wonder...

15. It was! I did some of the Bisley meetings when I was a student in the mid-1980s - our unit team would continue from TASAM to the Service Weapons Meeting (99% serving military IIRC), and on one happy occasion I bounded straight back to try my hand at the fullbore meeting. After all, it was only a cross between SLR and an Anschutz (and I'd been training hard at both), so how hard could it be?

:)