WorldWarOnline

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by ProfessorFudger, Dec 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, I'm Minister of Growth for the UK on the growing game 'WorldWarOnline', and am looking to recruit ANY UK members for Edition 3. In edition 2, Serbia ruled as did Lebennon, but I feel with some new Military minded folk on board the UK can be a force. Its a really addictive strategy game, you can spend 10 hours a day or 1 hour a day, and with Navy, Air Force, Army all working together I'm sure we can be a world force. I though t it might be worth posting in a military forum as you know more than us regular GI Joes.

Kind regards

DarthFudger
    Minister of Growth (UK)

2. Is it free

3. provide a link as I can't be arsed Googling it, I would have thought Minister of Growth UK would have a forum or website to link to as well?

4. I've just put it into google - lots of hits but works computer won't let me access them. Would be interested if someone could take a look and post a precis.

5. 'The Loyal and Proud British Pubic'......you don't need WWO, come to Yorkshire and
    I'll blow your silly fcuking head off.

6. Looks like an online version of the old favourite 'Command & Conquer'.

7. Sry didn't know I was allowed to post links, and wanted to respect the board admins. I joined the site in November and am hooked, so addictive, and as I work I just go online an hour or so a day, but am already have the highest Military Rank in the UK. That probably makes me a geek. However some of the tactics used to conquer another country are questionable, and if the UK i going to be a force we need to recruit. The game is free, and linked to facebook, you can spend on it yes t get you higher quicker/faster, i did but then again i dont have much of a life, yep sad, but great fun.

Trailer -
    Site - World War Online - The international strategy war game!

8. Well, I've signed up, it'll give me something to do over leave

9. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I love how that video gives up on game graphics once it starts trying to show combat. "Sod it, let's just show some live action and hope no-one notices we've left out a massive chunk of game-play".

Is it REALLY like C&C, in that you get proper RTS fights, or is it just another text-based thing where you log in once a day to find all your shit has been destroyed?

10. The UK fnished 20 something last edition, edition 3 just starting, and already we have 2 of the strongest cuntries as allies, only players from the UK can turn us into a superpower.

[TABLE="class: default_line_table"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: default_line_table_200"][/TD]
    [TD="class: default_line_table_auto"]World War Online is a international strategy war game with players from over 130 nations.

World War Online aims to be a realistic and fun simulation of a war where each player will fight for their own country against real players around the world. The game is free to play on all popular browsers.

[h=1]How to play?[/h]
    [h=2]Build your base![/h][TABLE="class: default_line_table"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: default_line_table_200"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: default_line_table_auto"]Once you join World War Online you will receive your first base where you can build buildings that will enable you to generate your own resources. As you play you will feel the need to start expanding your empire, you can do this by creating a new base with a mobile headquarters.
    There are several
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[h=2]Create your army![/h][TABLE="class: default_line_table"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: default_line_table_200"][​IMG]

[h=2]Fight for your country and conquer the world![/h][TABLE="class: default_line_table"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: default_line_table_200"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: default_line_table_auto"]Join your country in the mission to win World War Online by conquering other countries.
    Each country is independently run by their their government that is democratically elected. The government consists of a president and ministers.
    Once a country has won World War Online, the top countries and top players are inserted in the hall of fame and a new edition is started.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: default_line_table_auto"]Now that you own a few bases and it is time to start creating your army! Military buildings allow you to build different military units.
    Various attacks are available: steal resources, conquer a base with a general, destroy a base with special forces, send reinforcements to players from your country or infiltrate a base with a spy. Each unit has their vulnerabilities and strengths you can simulate a battle to see how they work.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

11. ProfeesorFudger, that didn't really answer the question with regards to the combat.

This does seem very similar to Travian, will I wake up tomorrow morning to find that someone has robbed all my supplies and skiffed my dog?

12. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

13. From the video...what little of it there was of the game...it looks like SimCity rewritten to add a bit of wariness. So I won't be partaking.

14. dunno, i dont think anyone can take your supplies no, they can conquer you though, but we are workng as a team to help each other, if you base but you can build 1000's gets under attack we will be defending a ne and attacking as one. Yeah agree bit like SimCity, EmpireEarth etc, but like marmite you love those or hate them.