Worlds worst Airports

Right chaps what is the worst Airport you have been to. Mine will be Gatwick which I have been stuck in for 9 hours sprog no1 made a cock up on her flights. The only bonus is the eye candy.

Grimmest architecture-wise was Budapest. When we flew in for an Ex in 2001 I thought I'd walked into a real-life version of Firefox. Bizarre.

Worst experience was Toronto while it was getting refurbed. No rhyme or reason to detours around the terminal and a pain in the tits to navigate. Wank.

Right chaps what is the worst Airport you have been to. Mine will be Gatwick which I have been stuck in for 9 hours sprog no1 made a cock up on her flights. The only bonus is the eye candy.

And if you get stuck at Heathrow for 10 hours next week,will your choice be Heathrow?

And your worst motorway being the M25 in about an hours time when you get stuck in a 35 mile tailback? ;-)

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I thought flying from Manchester to Heathrow would be so much easier than driving. Whatever that domestic terminal is was chaos, this was 1997. I gave BA a miss until 2006 and it was even worse.
Never, ever again.

Basrah. The only fun was watching a right fat bloke fall on the floor after attempting to sit on a plastic chair.

Recently? Manchester. Until Jarrod turned up 10 hours after I'd been there and we went to the Executive Lounge.

I don't remember much after that.

Hate airports …… with a passion, they are only fit for rabbits, like the warrens of Middle Earth! Totally incoherent! You spend hours trying to find your way around the terminal looking for gate 27, 86, 13 or some unrelated number!! As for short-timed connections, forget them, you end up sleeping on the floor!! Running through endless thoroughfares like demented rabbits is not my idea of fun! Schiphol airport is the worst, security seems to find it amusing to search you when you are in a rush, searched me because my canvass belt was sewn to my trousers, thus irremovable …… batards! Nearly cost me a flight, made it to the plane just as the door was closing, sweating and semi-dressed and whispering under my breath “you can stick your tulips up your backside!!”

And if you get stuck at Heathrow for 10 hours next week,will your choice be Heathrow?

And your worst motorway being the M25 in about an hours time when you get stuck in a 35 mile tailback? ;-)
Most probably how ever I will not be paying £9.40 for the first 2 hour car park charge what a rip off, I hope young sprig has some money left for it daddy had a small admin mistake as well and only brought £20 and no plastic.

Mombasa, full of 'Jobsworths' intent on stamping everything with gusto, only good
thing to be said for it is being able to give the resident Crows a fcuking hard time.

C

cloudbuster

Schiphol airport is the worst, security seems to find it amusing to search you when you are in a rush, searched me because my canvass belt was sewn to my trousers, thus irremovable …… batards! Nearly cost me a flight, made it to the plane just as the door was closing, sweating and semi-dressed and whispering under my breath “you can stick your tulips up your backside!!”
No, it's just you.

Nobody nominated Brize?

Philip Goldson airport, Belize. International shit hole. Tegucigalpa Honduras, makes Belize airport seem like heaven. Atlanta, Georgia, a massive hub with no-one who has a clue. Probably got a downer on the last as we were at gate 7 for a flight to Las Vegas, then told gate change to 23 right at the other end of the airport. 10 minutes later, gate change to 14 which was right next to gate 7 where we first started.
UK airports are all crap, Heathrow dirty and disorganised (especially BA). Most of them appear to be shopping centres with an airport tacked on. No water to be taken through to departures but you can buy a little bottle for £2.50 when you get there, absolute rip-off. Birmingham, couldn't get a cup of coffee at 6.30 am but the bleeding bar was open! Advice on going to Orlando, don't choose Orlando International, opt for Sandford instead. It might take longer to get to Orlando but it'll take hours to get through customs and car hire at International, at least Sandford has a bit of organisation about it.
Come to think of it, can't think of a decent airport. Dulles at Washington wasn't too bad and they have those cool buses that clamp onto the side of the aircraft and whisk you to the arrival lounge. They look at you a bit odd when you ask for a pitcher of beer and don't want a glass, though. Straight out of the pitcher, thank you very much.

Paris Orly. Got to the gate in my wheelchair.
Frog. "where's your minder?"
Me. "I don't have one."
Frog. "You cannot go on the aeroplane alone."
Me. "I arrived alone."
Frog. "It is not allowed"
Me. "It was allowed when I arrived."
...and so on until they were ready to close the gate then the officious bastard waved me through.
I fucking hate Paris!

Other than that, Gander. Not only is the airport crap, bloody cold and in the middle of nowhere, but the coffee was the worst I've ever had the misfortune to drink!

Bowmore_Assassin

MIA
Book Reviewer
Fort Lauderdale, near Miami. Pikey to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app

In reply to Dale's opinion of Brize - I never really had a problem with Crab central. South Cerney on the other hand...what a bunch of twats.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TheIronDuke The NAAFI Bar 8
King_of_the_Burpas The NAAFI Bar 126
Tartan_Terrier The Intelligence Cell 18