World's largest container ship arrives at the Port of Felixstowe

Largest_ship_3157062b.jpg

Paul Davey, of Hutchison Ports (UK) Limited who owns the port of Felixstowe, said: "The arrival of this ship represents a first for the UK.
"It is important economically, the direct call recognises the scale of the UK economy, and economies-of-scale provide the most efficient way to get UK exports to important Asian markets."

...and every family in the UK can now buy cutlery that rusts back to ferrous ore in weeks.

Largest_ship_3157062b.jpg

Paul Davey, of Hutchison Ports (UK) Limited who owns the port of Felixstowe, said: "The arrival of this ship represents a first for the UK.
"It is important economically, the direct call recognises the scale of the UK economy, and economies-of-scale provide the most efficient way to get UK exports to important Asian markets."

...and every family in the UK can now buy cutlery that rusts back to ferrous ore in weeks.
I wonder how many of those containers return to China empty?!

4(T)

LE

Oh, so its full of British manufactured goods heading for export? Gosh!

Oh wait, so it comes in full of Chinese high value goods, and goes out with British landfill rubbish and pikey nicked scrap?

No wonder our balance of payments looks so good!

Fook mai that is huge!

By the way, does anyone want to buy a cheap Range Rover? Slight water and crushing damage.

So, lent that joke from someone have you? I'll white wash it from my memory.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That port used to be my barracks that did. Before that it was a flying boat base.
Not at all relevant, I know, but .................just saying.

Troy

LE
And on the South Essex coast there's the new dock built by D.P. World which was supposed to be oh-so-pigging-wonderful and would take the very biggest ships and employ so many hundreds of people.... And talk ever such a load of bollocks...

Well, I bet they are crying their eyes out that they didn't get this ship instead of Felixistowe.

Troy

LE
Some of those containers will be built to be used just once and then sold for storage and suchlike. They will have the door handles fitted a bit higher than normal, so they are a sensible height when the box sits on the ground. But it makes them a stretch to reach when they turn up on a lorry.

oldbaldy

LE
I wonder how many of those containers return to China empty?!
'Another 3,909 containers are due to be loaded on to the ship, operated by the China Shipping Container Line, to replace those being taken off.
Only one in five will actually carry British goods, such as precision engineering products, automotive parts and luxury UK items for overseas markets.'

Latest Threads