World War One Death Plaque

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by slim_shandy, Apr 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got a world war One Death Plaque for a William Bedwell, I bought it in a market in West London. I'd like to return it to his family, any ideas as to how to go about this?

2. Well, you can either post it, or deliver it by hand :D

On a serious note, I've no idea? Good luck with your search.

Have you tried the national archives? You can search online for geaneology info too.

3. Look him up on the CWGC site. Sometimes there will be names of surviving family and where they were.

4. S_S

You could try putting this one on to the Great War Forum as well, you will need to join though.

LINKY

Berlin

5. According to the CWGC website, there is no William Bedwell recorded for any conflict, let alone WW1 - are you sure it's genuine?

6. You could try asking for advice on the British Medals Forum too. They are very familiar with the Death Pennies. Maybe they can tell you how to go about looking for this man's family.

British Medals Forum

7. Yup, sincere apologies, I put William imstead of W in the second box. Thanks for the correction Josie.

SHould have known better - using this site helped us find my wifes uncle. Very emotional standing at his graveside on the 60th anniversary of D-Day, when he had been there since 1918.

8. S_S

The CWGC Debt of Honour Register lists 5 W Bedwells!

W BEDWELL

Berlin

Bugger! Just read Josey's post!

9. No prob's - been doing this for years on my lot.

10. After you have read my last link contact someone here and they will probably do it for you;

http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/

11. Thanks all.