World War 2 Veteran mugged

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chucklingchimp, Aug 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard on the news Geoffrey Bacon from Camberwell South London World War 2 veteran was mugged,and now has died in hospital from his injuries.When the arse wipes are caught that have done this,maybe they should stone them to death.Maybe not such a barbaric punishment after all?

2. Should I be more outraged that he was an ex WWII veteran than I'm already outraged that yet another very old pensioner has been murdered on our streets by some worthless piece of shit?

Anyone up for a bet on who the culprit(s) turn out to be?

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

It'd be a bloody stupid bet, considering how many different types of gang there are in Camberwell.

4. Tru dat blood, innit…

5. They need to be caught, locked up and shoved in the hole with charlie bronson and a cockmeat kebab as company. that'd teach em something about the value of the freedom which the old feller and many more helped to secure for them. scum!

6. Gremlin

Know Camberwell well then do you, you ignoramus?

7. Sadly one of the worst areas in London if not the UK for assaults on the person.

Is there a link with the demographic who knows but this is probably the most active patch for Met officers engaged in Op Trident.

8. Gremlin

That it may be, but the range of gangs there is huge; inc WI, UK born IC3, Asian, white and more frequently Eastern European.

I've lived smack in the middle of the place for 10 years, and I wouldn't hazard a guess, unless I knew which street it was in, and at what time of day or night.

9. Gremlin

The Telegraph have published online:

Second World War veteran, 90, murdered by mugger - Telegraph

And for those who really care which race group did it:

I'd rather just think of them as scum as a whole.

10. Camberwell is a seriously odd place - my other half lives there and its a weird combination of wannabe upmarket bits, with some lovely housing and good restuarants, and some places that I wouldnt go at night without an APC for company. The chances of catching the scum who did this are sadly very slim, although I have no doubt that the police who open the high street police station for at least 2 hours per week (if you can spot the opening hours behind the thick piles of dust) are working on it with all due haste (right after they've done their overtime claims). Cyncial about the met in SE London - too bloody right i am - i've lost count of the times I've reported incidents to them to be told that they won't bother going to investigate.

11. Thought so. over 90% of crimes against the person in London are committed by a certain demographic, but we can't discuss that in polite company and the Police are not allowed to proactively target them, but instead have to play PC PC's.

12. Gremlin

You really do like talking out of your arse don't you? 90%? Where about's did you dream that figure up from, the Nationalists Online forum?

I'll grant you that the figure is high, but it's nothing like that.

Now either dig up the real stats, or piss off back to dreamland. People like you stand in the way of solving the problem, not bloody well fixing it.

13. Bloody hell I must be psychic. I just sort of knew what sort of creature carried out this vile crime.

14. How's about, instead of looking to prove our racial theories we stop and think about the poor victim, robbed of his dotage?