World Mental Health Day

The World Health Organisation recognises World Mental Health Day on 10 October every year.
This year's theme set by the World Federation for Mental Health is Suicide Prevention.

Just one good site, many other good ones on the net.

It won't change the fact that mental health is the lowest job in the NHS mostly staffed by African immigrants in the biggest NHS trust , the standard of care is a joke. The job is shit so only attracts the worst staff who are only interested in the money.

NODUF - Hi Nugget you were on about an hour ago and then deleted your post before I could post this.

Morning Nugget,
So sorry to hear your drama, as someone who has walked with a few friends and my son down the Mental Health track I have the utmost sympathy for you - so here is my pennyworth.
Be very careful. If you have a mental health issue, depression or PTSD then it would help getting it out in the open before you hit the slippery slope - which I fear you are about to get on!
Can I suggest you give Combat Stress a call on 0800 138 1619, they will listen (they from my experience are very good) and point you in the right direction. Also from a recruiters perspective you really don't want to be bounced from your current job as your in house occupational health team should be in a position to help you as most have a mental health first aider on staff. If you leave your current role with an undiagnosed issue, a criminal record and having been dismissed your prospects are going to be limited.
MH issues are better treated early than left undiagnosed, they are a bugger to carry at the best of times but utterly daunting when you have a young son and responsibilities and your life in front of you.
Hang in there, don't be rash and lift the phone.

Latest Threads