World Drinking Habits

An interesting little tool on the BBC website which allows you to compare your own alcohol consumption to that of various countries around the World.

Apparently my drink choices are similar to a Macedonian, and my total alcohol intake is similar to that of a Laotian. I'm sure that at some point, this information will be useful to me.

Booze calculator: What's your drinking nationality?

I was planning on showing this to my father in law tonight as he denies having an alcohol problem.
at 3/4 of a bottle of rum a day it can't find a nationality to match him to

I was planning on showing this to my father in law tonight as he denies having an alcohol problem.
at 3/4 of a bottle of rum a day it can't find a nationality to match him to
Clearly the man is Royal Navy old school, found around Portsmouth or he’s my old instructor who ended up in the West Indies, god bless you POMEM Topsy hope the bottle never ran dry.

Clearly the man is Royal Navy old school, found around Portsmouth or he’s my old instructor who ended up in the West Indies, god bless you POMEM Topsy hope the bottle never ran dry.
He's never served, never been to sea (unless you count a trip to France on the ferry and once being a cleaner for P&O

Well, I got the "you drink less than the average for people from UK and around the 82nd highest in the world" until I realised it was units per week, not per day. Now I drink more than the biggest boozers in the world.
Yay!

Sorry everyone, it seems that I've been letting the side down over the past week. Apparently I drink like a Panamanian.

2 pints of beer a day (14 in a week) is:

You drink more heavily than people from Belarus, the heaviest-drinking country in the world

That doesnt seem right?

One evening in October
When I was about one-third sober
And was taking home a load with manly pride
My poor feet began to stutter
So I lay down in the gutter
And a Pole came up and lay down by my side

Then we sang "It's All Fair Weather"
And "Good Fellows Get Together"
Till a lady passing by was heard to say
She says, "You can tell a man who boozes
By the company he chooses"
And the Pole got up and slowly walked away

Last edited:
I did the test and I'm equal to a Kuwaiti as I can't drink. However, if I think it was done on the basis of drugs, I'd be right up there with a South London heroin addict.

I did the test and I'm equal to a Kuwaiti as I can't drink. However, if I think it was done on the basis of drugs, I'd be right up there with a South London heroin addict.

Yep me too.....Don't touch a drop Sunday to Thursday - come 9pm tonight and just leave the bottle of Tullamore Dew next to that litre bottle of Coke Zero and then leave me the feck alone with my choons or Sky movies.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Strange little site, no matter what I put in, it turns out that I'm closest to a Namibian!

Apparently I have French drinking habits but drink more than a Belarus, 4-5 bottles of red per week and 1-2 litres of rum (well I do try to cut down in the run up to Christmas).

Yep me too.....Don't touch a drop Sunday to Thursday - come 9pm tonight and just leave the bottle of Tullamore Dew next to that litre bottle of Coke Zero and then leave me the feck alone with my choons or Sky movies.
Tullamore Dew and cola?

You are a sick sick person.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

You drink more heavily than people from Belarus, the heaviest-drinking country in the world

That doesnt seem right?
You have to drop it to 11 pints a week to drop to the second highest drinkers per annum (Moldova). Agreed; very odd data set.

That doesnt seem right?
I do a bottle jack on most weekends which is also apparently more than Belarus, The lightweight poofs.

I haven't even bothered, south of scotch corner they are all shandy drinking poofters, that's why West ham are forever blowing bubbles.