World Darts Championship - Lakeside

I've been watching every minute of these championships this week and it's been amazing. Anyone else watch the final this evening?

Two 50 year olds, neither had won the title before. Best of 13, Wolfie, world number one lead 6-0 at the interval, required one more set to win, Nixy, playing worse than pub darts then won 6 straight to level tthe final at 6-6....... Wolfie held his nerve to snatch it 7-6..... brilliant stuff.

The biggest winner there mate was Bob Potter, his till's having been doing overtime on ale sales if you ask me!

Fallschirmjager said:
Yes it was a great match.

Don't know what all the bracelets, rings and sh1te are all about though!
Probably to weigh their chucking hands down so they don't put the lights out with arrows missing the board!

O2Thief said:
jack-daniels said:
The biggest winner there mate was Bob Potter, his till's having been doing overtime on ale sales if you ask me!
100,000 pints of ale in a weeK, and that's without Jocky Wilson!

Bear in mind there were a lot of Dutch fans there as well. Might explain the vast amount of pints sold there. (don't know if they served drugs though :giggle: )

I started this thread to celebrate the sporting prowess of Wolfie and Nixy and everyone's turned it into a jewelry and Dutch beer fest! Do none of you know the meaning of sport?

By looking at the beerguts of most darters, i wonder what came first in their lives; darts or beer...
I just can't see those 2 things apart. Darts goes with beer and vice versa.

I love the entire naffness of the darts scene. The cornyness, bling, razzamatazz, the lot. Far more entertaining than the blandness of Beckham and Chelsea put together.

Just watched the match (courtesy of SKY+) and what a game. Bling aside it has been a great week of darts. And yes I have been to the Lakeside to watch it live . . .

theflyinghandbag said:
Just watched the match (courtesy of SKY+) and what a game. Bling aside it has been a great week of darts. And yes I have been to the Lakeside to watch it live . . .
You've been to the Lakeside to watch it live AND just seen it on Sky+? Well done that man! :thumright:

O2Thief said:
I started this thread to celebrate the sporting prowess of Wolfie and Nixy and everyone's turned it into a jewelry and Dutch beer fest! Do none of you know the meaning of sport?
Im sorry, but did you mention Darts and Sport in the same sentance? Bunch of usless chav's, and thats just the players.

drain_sniffer said:
O2Thief said:
Im sorry, but did you mention Darts and Sport in the same sentance? Bunch of usless chav's, and thats just the players.
Yes I did, like Chelsea and fairplay, I 'spose they don't look right together in some peoples eyes! :thumright:

drain_sniffer said:
O2Thief said:
Chavs who have won far more than I have earnt over the last 2 years, just for throwing pointy sticks at a corkboard. (link here)

By the way, van Barneveld has earnt all of his winnings in the last 12 months!

Sorry don't have earnings for those in the Second Division of Darts (BDO) :thumright:

While the BDO World Final was full of drama, it had a long way to go to eclipse the spectacle of the "Greatest Game of Darts Ever Televised" that occurred in the rival PDC World Championships Final on 1 Jan 07 between Phil "The Power" Taylor and Raymond "Barney" van Barneveld (Barney won by the way)

Jack Daniels wrote

It ceased being a sport once it turned into Bullseye!

''IIINNN ONE - A MICROWAVE OVEN''
A microwave? Good lord whatever happened to the fondue set?? :confused:

B

Biscuits_AB

Fallschirmjager said:
Yes it was a great match.

Don't know what all the bracelets, rings and sh1te are all about though!
Was Frank Swann playing? He's the right shape and has all the bling.

Latest Threads