World Cup: On Wednesday I will be supporting ....

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by schweik, Jun 22, 2010.

1. England

2. Slovenia

3. Couldn't give a toss

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is plenty of banter flying around on various threads about the performance of England. But when it comes to the crunch on Wednesday at three pm, who will you be supporting?
  2. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I might be a sweaty, but I'd rather the English win as I can't stand Eastern Europeans anyway!
  3. After their last dismal performance I think I will find a pub without a telly for tomorrow.
  4. As an Englishman I'm torn between my desire for the nation to be successful and my desire for the team to lose and the public to hate them and the redtops to make their lives a misery as I genuinely believe they deserve that treatment regardless if the score
  5. Even as a Taff I'll be supporting England, but only just. I really couldn't care less who wins. I'll cheer whoever scores if it's a good goal.
  6. - - - my boss who is watching the match and has nominated me to attend the meeting he's supposed to be at. So for that reason, Slovenia!
  7. Slovenia, ABE! However if England do make it through it will only be an even bigger joy to watch your faces as they get knocked out.

However the cynic in me thinks the England team WANTS to loose tommorow, as it means the end of that nasty Italian man who made them behave like boring grown up's.
  8. Anyone but Murray ... oh, thats today ... on Wednesday I will be supporting England (don't want to but just won't be able to stop myself).
  9. I won't really care who wins, draws or gets beat afterall it is only wendyball.

On the other hand will it make any difference to the commentors? If England win they will be going on about great chance of doing a '66 or if they get beat they will be on about "we could have beaten them"
  10. Indifferent to be honest; I generally just enjoy watching good positive attacking football. Think someone mentioned that Slovenia with a population of 2 million has qualified twice out of their 3 entries to date. Sort of puts Scotland's "professional" football team in to perspective...

I'd rather watch England take on the Maoris'.
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I may have made the occasional comment over the past couple of weeks :D but now it is down to a straight knockout game so I will be hoping England come through.

If for nothing other than it will enable the jousting to continue for a while longer :twisted:

So, for tomorrow it is ABE (Suspended) :D :D :D :D :D 8)
  12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And another thing; on the past performance at this World Cup, England do not deserve to go through. If they are to go forward then they have to change attitude and realise why they were chosen to go to RSA.

No change = no chance.
  13. Slovenia.

:p :twisted:
  14. i've just about forgiven them...As long as the sort their heads out.