World Cup MUST serve beer

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by A2_Matelot, Jan 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

2. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Well I wonder if that's probably Budwiser behind it so they can sell their piss poor stuff. Anyway I wonder what Qatar will tell them to do in 6yrs time.

3. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Absolutely, its just the sheer arrogance that gets me

4. It wil be interesting when they host Cup in Qatar then?

5. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Would have also been interesting if England had got it as well what stance would the goverment have taken? I suspect Qatar will allow it but it will be non alcoholic

6. Qatar is not a totally dry country. Alcohol is available for legal consumption from bars and clubs across the country. It's sale is licensed and regulated quite heavily though, so there will need to be a review of the current regulations concerning its consumption.

It will be bloody expensive on the day though, you can absolutely guarantee that!

7. Simple solution for Brazil then.

Yes you can sell it but with a special FIFA world cup tax of 150BRL (£50) for a warm plastic cup full of 1.5%vol beer.

8. I love the way that FIFA, and the IOC lay down the law to the countries unlucky enough to host one of their sporting jamborees.

The IOC requirments apparently include banning the use of certain words in ads, so a shop may be on dodgy ground if they ran ads along the lines of 'Look out for our new bargains, they're pure gold.'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't both groups profit making companies? So why do the authorities kow-tow to them in this manner?

9. The various regulations around any major (sporting) event are horrific. You bid for it then you have to put up with it really.

10. Probably nothing Qatar have F*ck all influence over the laws in Russia ^~

11. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

You'd better belive it all road works etc in the Londond area were the games are being held,Marathon routes etc have to be stopped by end of March and won't be allowed to continue until after the games are finished. My company has spent loads of time attending meetings walking roites trying to get exemptions to carry out works.

Residents have ot have vehicle passes and if the dont £200 a day fine if they park without one.....Is it worth it no