• Brazil - but by just enough.....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couldnae gie a toss...bloody foreigners

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Friday 3pm Nelson Mandela Stade - Port Elizabeth.

Cloggie hasn't responded to my bet......a slab says Brazil go forward.

Source

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
- This will be the 10th meeting between these sides. Brazil have won three to the Netherlands' two, with four draws.

- They have met at the World Cup on three previous occasions: the Netherlands reached the 1974 final thanks to a 2-0 win in the second group stage; Brazil won 3-2 in the 1994 quarter-finals; and the 1998 semi-final ended in a 1-1 draw, with Brazil progressing on penalties.

Netherlands
- The Netherlands have won four consecutive World Cup matches, equalling their best-ever run. The last time they managed this was in 1974, when they reached the final.

- Van Marwijk's side are on a 23-match unbeaten run, a record for the Dutch. Their last defeat was in September 2008 (a 2-1 loss to Australia in Eindhoven).

- They have only conceded four goals in their last eight World Cup matches, keeping four clean sheets in the process.

Brazil
- Brazil are competing in the last eight for the 16th time in 19 World Cups.

- The Brazilians have only lost one of their last 30 games. That came in their penultimate qualifier, a game played at altitude in Bolivia after qualification had already been achieved.

- They have participated in all 18 previous World Cups, and have won the most world titles (five).

Has to be the Brazilians.

The Dutch have some world class midfield & forward players (Van Persie, Robben, Van Der Vaart & Sneijder) but the Brazilians are arguably world class everywhere except at left back & are generally more consistent.

Brazil for me, I'm afraid.
I'm a tad pissed off they're both meeting in the Quarters as Holland are generally my team in World & European Cups.
No idea why, I'm not Dutch or have any relations who are. I think it stems from seeing Holland win the European Cup in '88, also being Welsh I'm never likely to see my team play in the finals of either cup.

Miner said:
I'm a tad pissed off they're both meeting in the Quarters as Holland are generally my team in World & European Cups.
No idea why, I'm not Dutch or have any relations who are. I think it stems from seeing Holland win the European Cup in '88, also being Welsh I'm never likely to see my team play in the finals of either cup.
Maybe it stems for a liking of liberal sex, drugs and tulips?!

jack-daniels said:
Miner said:
Maybe it stems for a liking of liberal sex, drugs and tulips?!
Yesh, that ish poshibly the case, for sure.
I love the feel of the tulipsh tickling my arse, as I deep throat my gay life partner Johann.

Reading that back, makes it sound like I'm drunk, not Dutch.

B

blindfire

well Im hoping for a Holland win, but my head says Brazil......maybe the Dutch could slip some sort of drugs in the Brazilians coffee 30mins before kick off :D

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
He-e-e-ey just had a shuper idea......maybe the Dutch side could get 36 blonde birds in really short orange dresses to all stand up just as the Boys from Brazil connect with a crackin' long pass on the edge of the penalty area and.....no, wait, that's just dumb isn't it?...

( BTW...what was in that flapjack ?! ) :bigsmurf:

It would be good to see a non- all Latin American final - 50/50

Seeing as most houses, trees (yes trees), every man and his dog are coated in orange here I'll have to go with NL all the way. I don't give a töss and will probably be down at the range while the game is on but:

The lion does look a bit worried mind...

Latest Threads