World Cup...Germany?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Mongoose, Jun 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Greetings all, can someone confirm or deny that the K.O time for England vs USA in the Fatherland is 22.30? Its 20.30 BST + 2 for Germany = 22.30?

Am I correct, no-one has a clue 8O

2. 20:30 German time

3. winner, thanks

4. So German time is BST + 1?

Thanks for that

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I thought Germany was CET which was BST!

6. You see the problems I'm having.. :s

7. CET is GMT +2, but as we are +1 for BST, CET is currently +1.

There, thats nice and simple.

or Gemany is 2 hours ahead in the winter, 1 hour ahead in the summer.

8. I think you will find that Germany is 1 hour ahead of the UK in the winter & 1 hour ahead of the UK in the summer :D

9. Like I said I think you will find Germany is 1 hour ahead of the UK in the winter and 1 hour ahead of the UK in the summer. Unless you are trying to tell me something different by showing me a clock that shows me that Germany is 1 hour ahead of the UK :D

10. You misunderstand my link CARRPS, it was an admission of guilt from me and confirmation that you are correct as it states:

"Germany is in the Central European Time Zone. Central European Standard Time (CET) is 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

Does Germany observe Daylight Saving / Summer Time?
    Like most states in Europe, Summer (Daylight-Saving) Time is observed in Germany, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 2 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+2).

After the Summer months the time in Germany is shifted back by 1 hour to Central European Time (CET) or (GMT+1) "

There, thats the end of it. :D

11. Sorry, I am a thick tw*t :oops: :oops: