Worksafe - the cloaking device explodes!

#1
Anyone else have the problem of worksafe mode disengaging when switching between fora or progressing in a thread? Yeah, I know I should be working, but still - it's embarassing to have softcore signature blocks suddenly appearing in all their glory whenever I want to change page.

For legal reasons, I should point out that I'm a bit of a biff when it comes to these steam-abacuses, so any abuse is humbly acknowledged.
 
#2
smartascarrots said:
Anyone else have the problem of worksafe mode disengaging when switching between fora or progressing in a thread? Yeah, I know I should be working, but still - it's embarassing to have softcore signature blocks suddenly appearing in all their glory whenever I want to change page.

For legal reasons, I should point out that I'm a bit of a biff when it comes to these steam-abacuses, so any abuse is humbly acknowledged.
This shouldn't happen and it seems OK to me, unless somone has added a link to a post with the ending &prevtheme=ARRSE2 - one click on that bad boy and you're blown.

If it's not that then I would suggest deleting cookies - they can sometimes cause wierd account errors, particularly if you were on arrse.com one minute then arrse.co.uk the next or somesuch.

http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2
 
#4
Nope, sorry. Still happening. I've cleared the cookies and browsing history several times, but no joy.

It seems to be if I've left it open for a while and then refresh the page or change fora that the new page comes up in non-worksafe. Perhaps computers just want me fired?
 
#5
Have you changed it permanently in MyStuff -> Change site colours?

Am I alone is disliking 'fora' instead of 'forums'? Not being in ancient Rome and having no particularly fond memories of Latin classes, it grates.
 
#6
smartascarrots said:
For legal reasons, I should point out that I'm a bit of a biff when it comes to these steam-abacuses, so any abuse is humbly acknowledged.
:oops: I didn't even realise worksafe existed :oops:

Job done - now the nosey beggars in the office won't see me wrapped around the screen like a vampiire with a cloak around its victim :oops: :oops: :oops:
 
#9
Good CO said:
Have you changed it permanently in MyStuff -> Change site colours?

Am I alone is disliking 'fora' instead of 'forums'? Not being in ancient Rome and having no particularly fond memories of Latin classes, it grates.
I'll try that next week, ta.

Apologies if 'fora' grates, it's a hangover from a chance meeting with a Roman Centurion who looked a bit like John Cleese - or possibly the savage beatings at school, I forget which.
 
#10
smartascarrots said:
Good CO said:
Have you changed it permanently in MyStuff -> Change site colours?

Am I alone is disliking 'fora' instead of 'forums'? Not being in ancient Rome and having no particularly fond memories of Latin classes, it grates.
I'll try that next week, ta.

Apologies if 'fora' grates, it's a hangover from a chance meeting with a Roman Centurion who looked a bit like John Cleese - or possibly the savage beatings at school, I forget which.
Back on topic, which browser are you using? Forgive me if I go ott here but f you are as anti-steam-abacus as some I work with this could take a while :D

is it

Internet Explorer
Firefox
Google Chrome

or some other evilness such as something from the shiny hair mob like Safari on iPhone?

If so it could be a problem with security/privacy settings having changed, and i could possibly run you through how to, but i'm too lazy to do pics for where those settings are on all 3.

stapd
 

Latest Threads