workout routine 1 week befor adsc

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by dannyboy1988m, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey guys got adsc on 14th april and dont know if i should rest 1 week befor or just carrying on trainning any body got any advice or what was your routine 1 week befor adsc prep wise any help would be appreciated thanks :D :D
  2. Keep training but give yourself 2-3 days recovery before you go. Obviously don't injure yourself and i would slow down on intensive style training, you can;t make much of a difference in the last couple of days beforehand compared to what you have been doing in the lead up months.

Stick to cardio and body weight training and just take it a bit easier, get lots of rest and plenty of sleep, you might want to think about drinking plenty of water and no beer for the last couple of rest days so you are well hydrated and healed up.

Have fun
  3. Don't over do yourself, and good luck for the 14th buddy ;).
  4. I tend to get stiff with a week or more with no bodyweight or running exercises reducing my performance. I would say 2-4 days complete rest before ADSC then you should feel more energetic. Good luck :D
  5. I'd stick to some easy runs to be honest, then total rest a few days before. There's nothing that makes you panic more than running a crap 1.5 less than a week before ADSC! As I found out before!
  6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Use the fitness sticky, that's what it's there for!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.