working under false pretences

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ordinaryforces, Jul 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since I'm bored and watching Ronnie Corbett on tv it got me thinking..who were/are the most unfunny up their own arse comedians?
    surely Jimmy Tarbuck, tom o'connor,lenny Henry should be a start. the first two being scouse twats should put them right up there? oh add john bishop to that. and just to put the cat amongst the pigeons...I never found spike milligan funny...deranged maybe.

2. Most modern so called comedians are a feckin yawn, bring back billy connelly in his hey day and Mike read and not forgetting Bernard Manning Class.

3. I thought this thread was going to be having a dig at all those who have served in BAOR and BFG over the years.

4. Bob Carolgees was a bit of a one-spit wonder. Ben Elton's stand-up in the 80s was dire.

Oh, don't forget Cannon & Ball. ROCK ON TOMMY! No...fuck off Bobby.

5. just to prove I'm not biased and just anti scouse.....Max boyce was a fcking dire twat.

• Like Like x 1
  6. harry hill, i just dont get it, the blokes just not funny hes just a cock, back in the day i found loads of stuff funny that i have watched on Dave and thought what the fuck is that all about....two ronnies, russ abbott etc etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oi I was over there! so was your dad IIRC:)

8. Ben Elton was shit. Russell Brand looks like hepatitis personified.

9. I forgot about Brand, anyone that give up Katy perry needs his balls kicking.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

When was the last time you left your room without your Carer? I mean, right out into the street? Does your Carer let you boil the kettle by yourself?

11. Four Candles. Not fcuking funny. THERE I SAID IT.

12. Fuck!! I'm in trouble now, rambling sid rumpo of the internet has shown up.

13. Little and large
    I was embarrassed for them by the age of 9

14. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

That Meldrew fellow - invidious, insipid and inconsequential

15. agreed, but then I never found elderly camp queens funny. you know the type? frankie howard and his ilk.