Working today for nothing.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Trunnion-Tilt, Feb 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today is an extra day in the year 2008. Are you working it for nothing, serving members and those on a salary will be.

2. Sorry mate - you are wrong there.

Serving members of HMF get paid 365.25 days P/A divided by 12 to give monthly slary.

MB

3. If it was a normal year, ie not a leap year would your pay be any different?

I dont think so, therefore this year being one day longer, with the same formula as last year, equals one day more for the same pay.

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I think he was pointing out that you get paid an extra 1/4 day each year which covers the extra day in a leep year.

Those of us on a salary theoretically are working for free today. But then most of the time I don't do too much anyway and I'm waaaay overpaid to begin with so can't really complain. :D

5. Mighty_Blighty - A*. Very well done, have 10 house points and a merit star.

Trunnion-Tilt - F. Detention to cover extra mathematics.

6. OMG !

We get paid the "Extra days pay" ie the 29th over a 4 year period - 25%of a days pay per year added on to our anual salary - therefore technically, yes we get paid 75% of a days pay less this year, but if you want to be pedantic - we get paid 25% of a days pay too much the other 3 feckin years!

MB

7. Point taken, but,

ah uckit.

:roll:

8. Im salaried so working for free. Im just not doing any work today.

9. Im on contract hours so today is overtime.

10. or p*ss in the kettle

11. I get paid by the day - when I work. Today I am on a chargeable day. Billy bonus. Roll on Monday when I get a very big pay packet, sell an old van and presumably try and piss as much of it up the wall as I can before lights out!

12. I hadn't thought of that. Mind you, I've just taken a commission for a suit in a rather nice Zegna cloth so that's my spends for the weekend sorted. My gaff, my rules.

13. Those who are paid by the army are now paid a fixed monthly rate so, since this month is only 29 days but you get the same 1/12th of your annual pay you are actually well in.

Those working for a daily rate will be short a days pay (or two depending how you look at it) in their pay packet.

14. *Spits out brew*

Hope none of you feckers works here! :D

15. 1 lump or 2??!!