Working/Shooting Jacket

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by 570mils, Aug 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As it involves teh shooting sport I felt this was teh best place to pose this question.

I am looking for a reasonably cheap, but still functional jacket for working in the field. Plain Green is sensible as it does not cause too much hassle in the partridge and pheasant pens. It needs to be waterproof and ideally with a zip in/out lining such as a fleece for when it gets a little chillier. It also does not need to be too heavy ideally.

I have a Deerhunter jacket in Dark Green for when it gets really cold but need something to keep the weather off when helping the father-in-law when sorting out the birds for the coming season. (He is a gamekeeper after all).

If anyone has any suggstions I would be extremely grateful. Cost is also important as I am now a poor broke civvy and still haven't received my redundancy pay......

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Jack Pyke do some very good waterproof, windproof, breathable jackets in green or camo. They are reasonably priced, not because they are inferior, but because they refused to pay Realtree their extortionate copyright licence fee, so this reduces the costs of Jack Pyke gear by around 25% compared to similar jackets from other manufacturers.

3. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Try googling the Karrimor SF range of clothing, plain green version of the Police "Enforcer" Jacket. Great kit and very practical (unlike me who cant do the linky thing!).

4. Try to get a M65 jacket --- ebay possibly . The US Army still do the same pattern but with Woodland camo however there are still a few of the old green ones around and they still make them for civvy use--in green and black.
    Check your size before you buy cos theres short medium long in each chest size ---and you want the liner in it aswell.

Great jackets for wearing casual or shooting with

F.

5. The Dutch Parkas with the button in Gore-Tex liner are superb, however are DPM...

6. Good web site. fast dilivery aswell.

M65

Great Jacket... Have one myself.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have a Deerhunter Fox I think, great and although no longer made some dealers still carry it!
    Actually it may be the lincoln as its green not cammo!

Actually I may have an older cordura type version of this?
    If so its a bit warm, reasonably waterproof and strong enough to beat in!

8. I got a rather nice tweed shooting jacket in "Countrywide", big pockets, zip and during last seasons shoot it kept me dry, cost was good as a sale item. Only down side was it was a bit heavy, but it certainly kept me warm. Keep an eye on e-bay as well.