Working in the Falkland Islands?

Indeed.
It's been in fridge for a few weeks while I tried to decide what to do with it!

Don't usually eat eggs so decided on an omelette.

Other than the colour can't say I noticed much difference.

You bastard. You’d never find me eating unborn baby birds, as @JuniorBod and @Ortholith will tell you :)

PS - Gas stove - is that natural gas or propane? Mains or one-tank-per-house?

PPS your pan is minging. Bit of scotchbrite on the manky bits and it’ll be reet :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Indeed.
It's been in fridge for a few weeks while I tried to decide what to do with it!

Don't usually eat eggs so decided on an omelette.

Other than the colour can't say I noticed much difference.
Put it in the tonight I cooked thread, be interesting to see how our residential chefs score it.

I read on here that penguin eggs taste fishy, was that a wind up?

Put it in the tonight I cooked thread, be interesting to see how our residential chefs score it.

I certainly found they tasted fishy and, when fried, the albumen remained translucent.
Perhaps those that taste fishy are free-range.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You bastard. You’d never find me eating unborn baby birds, as @JuniorBod and @Ortholith will tell you :)

PS - Gas stove - is that natural gas or propane? Mains or one-tank-per-house?

PPS your pan is minging. Bit of scotchbrite on the manky bits and it’ll be reet :)

Propane Cylinder.

Exactly the same as we had at home in terms of stove top.

We had electric fan oven in UK, still trying to adjust to a gas oven. Managing to burn one side of things while the other is still raw!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

This was my first so can not say with any authority. Decision on omelette due to the reports of the egg white looking different when boiled or fried.

No obvious fishy taste with this one at all but it was well seasoned and filled with cheese and ham.

Well done, I was just about to post the same.
Think I saw one in NZ around 2003, in a baker in Wainuiomata, displaying prices and types of pies.
Back in the '70s, on the way to Lydden Hill Circuit, we stopped for breakfast at a greasy spoon in Dunkirk (Kent). They had a similar board on the wall with their menu (didn't stipulate whether you wanted fag-ash in it, or not).
My p1ss-taking mate asked for a 'DOUBLE HOT DOG ROLLIIP', and the old bat behind the counter got quite snotty when she finally figured out that he was referring to the fact that they'd run out of room and hadn't left a space between the last 'L' and the 11p price.
He probably got the fag-ash f.o.c.

Beaten to it.
You know it deserves one. ;-)

2021-12-04 (2).png

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
received_427062715551329.jpeg
received_450493389793963.jpeg
received_601559334441639.jpeg
received_603297697546099.jpeg
received_332336288339561.jpeg
received_952087525710783.jpeg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
received_421678636176502.jpeg

Go with a tour guide is the advice, they know the track.

Latest Threads