Working in the Falkland Islands?

wolfgang

Old-Salt
Butteries were originally invented for the whaling fleet as an alternative to bread.The high fat content supposedly meant that they lasted longer at sea before going mouldy.

Butteries were originally invented for the whaling fleet as an alternative to bread.The high fat content supposedly meant that they lasted longer at sea before going mouldy.
Fadgies are a Teesside bread also made with lard. They're so nice that they don't get a chance to go mouldy. Make a batch in the morning and you have to make another batch for teatime.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Best before May 2020, but at 80p a bottle tastes fine
20211024_174517.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@Fang_Farrier
I guess the bulk of your worldly goods arrive today on the Hartland Point.

Being used to service moves, both from serving and as a padbrat, our stuff was boxed and dispatched well before we left the UK.
It was already here when we arrived.
Unpacking gave us something to do during quarantine!

Being used to service moves, both from serving and as a padbrat, our stuff was boxed and dispatched well before we left the UK.
It was already here when we arrived.
Unpacking gave us something to do during quarantine!
We did the same when we moved back to Scotland from the US. Container shipped 6 weeks ahead of us, but still arrived 2 weeks after us, leaving us sleeping on an airbed for fortnight.

My son is on the Hartland Point. Give him a wave,

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We did the same when we moved back to Scotland from the US. Container shipped 6 weeks ahead of us, but still arrived 2 weeks after us, leaving us sleeping on an airbed for fortnight.

My son is on the Hartland Point. Give him a wave,

Given the gales yesterday I suspect that he's seen plenty of waves!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It’s not his first rodeo.

Can't see FIPASS from here but the MV Scout arrived Saturday and is just leaving now through the Narrows
20211026_070615.jpg

Can always tell when she's been in as the buy, swop sell sites are suddenly full of stuff that's arrived and is wrong, such as clothes which don't fit or supermarket shopping substitutes!

Can't see FIPASS from here but the MV Scout arrived Saturday and is just leaving now through the NarrowsView attachment 611993

Can always tell when she's been in as the buy, swop sell sites are suddenly full of stuff that's arrived and is wrong, such as clothes which don't fit or supermarket shopping substitutes!
HP is going into East Cove rather than Port Stanley, so a fair way away from you.

Phwoar . . . that looks brand-new . . . is it just to service RAF Mount Pleasant ?!

I’ve no idea, I’m afraid. The last time he was down there, I don’t think he stuck his nose on deck, never mind going ashore. He did say, though, that they had civvie stuff on board like a couple of cars, a few pet dogs and a couple of cats. The animals were distributed amongst the crew for looking after.

I’ve no idea, I’m afraid. The last time he was down there, I don’t think he stuck his nose on deck, never mind going ashore. He did say, though, that they had civvie stuff on board like a couple of cars, a few pet dogs and a couple of cats. The animals were distributed amongst the crew for looking after.
He could have ambled over to Mullet Creek to provide some fresh fish!

Best before May 2020, but at 80p a bottle tastes fineView attachment 611776
In my day we didn't worry about such things as "Best By" dates. The object of the exercise was to get stinking. We left the beer tasting to the dilettantes.
(Beer tastings as practiced by my car club last July at the Sprecher Brewery in Milwaukee, WI)

NDC '21 Picture (55) Small.jpg
NDC '21 Picture (56) Small.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

If he gets up to MPA, there's welfare cars they can rent, allegedly cheap.

If he gets up to MPA, there's welfare cars they can rent, allegedly cheap.
I think they put a bus on for them to take them up to MPA. I'm not sure how long they stay alongside, though. Probably not much more than a day or two. AIS doesn't seem to be working very well.