Working in the Falkland Islands?

Not much that isn't edible when your belly button and your spine are becoming acquainted.

Not much that isn't edible when your belly button and your spine are becoming acquainted.
Penguin being one of the few things at a guess?

Alongside Crew Meals.

Penguin was a staple for the folks in those places in the old days. Apparently quite oily and more than a bit fishy. Plenty of calories though and at the end of the day it's just fuel.

Crew meals in these parts used to be MREs. Better than tins of mixed veg and Owambo piele I suppose.

Penguins, kangaroos and scrotums were all designed at around 1500 on the Friday of Creation Week when God just wanted to get down the Snake and Apple for a swift couple before getting home to Mrs God for a pie she was trying out using a recipe she got from those Shepherd fellas.

There were loads of leftover bits from all the cool stuff he’d created like Stella and kebabs and it seemed a waste to just bin it.

Something like that anyway. Sunday School wasn’t really my thing.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Car insurance Falklands style.

3rd party. Not a problem.

3rd party, fire and theft. Only get fire if you can present a certificate stating that the wiring has been checked*
Only get theft if car is actually lockable!

Fully comp. Only available if you can present a certificate of road worthiness*

There's only one insurance provider, Caribbean insurance**

* certificate for wiring or road worthiness only available from Falklands 4x4 garage**

** by coincidence both insurance and garage owned by Falklands islands company.

3rd party, fire and theft. Only get fire if you can present a certificate stating that the wiring has been checked*

* certificate for wiring or road worthiness only available from Falklands 4x4 garage**

Sounds like a bit of a swindle ''wiring check' ffs!
Can you import one of the Top Gear motors in for a year until th en)MOT) runs out?
Or even hire a local's 'spare' car., I bet there are deals to be done (chiselling b'tards!)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sounds like a bit of a swindle ''wiring check' ffs!
Can you import one of the Top Gear motors in for a year until th en)MOT) runs out?
Or even hire a local's 'spare' car., I bet there are deals to be done (chiselling b'tards!)

There's no local equivalent of a MOT.

There's no deals, if it runs, it's worth thousands

I think I mentioned a long way up thread that you mustn't upset anyone in the FIC. They own just about everything and anything they don't own they have effective control over.

There'll not be many people who will be daft enough to rattle the organisation that supplies food and fuel, either as a retailer or a wholesaler.

I think I mentioned a long way up thread that you mustn't upset anyone in the FIC. They own just about everything and anything they don't own they have effective control over.

There'll not be many people who will be daft enough to rattle the organisation that supplies food and fuel, either as a retailer or a wholesaler.

I was just going to suggest starting a vehicle importing firm, as there seems money to be made.
Maybe not, after what you’ve just said.
Seems like it’s a closed shop.

For the greater good - yarp! XD

Virtually organised crime.o_O
Merely the privilege of monopoly. There's only enough people to warrant a single supplier. FIC got there first and built up their organisation gradually. A potential competitor would have to invest heavily to make an inroad and that would wipe out any profit.