Working in the Falkland Islands?

Part of FF's remit is to liaise with the MPC Med Centre. Address the parcel to FIFI, c/o Med Centre, BFPO xxx* and pay inland postage.

Please note, if someone in officialdom is reading this, these words are said in jest as I really, really wouldn't encourage anyone to be naughty.

* can't be bothered to look it up.
Thanks for that.

I didn't realise that Fang's real name was Fifi.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Lovely spring day.
20211017_073010.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So nosy bstard here tiled roofs and sheet metal, is there a lot on offer for living quarters aka castle farrier or is company owned ?

This is government owned, reasonable enough.

The houses are mainly either wood or uPVC panels. Roofing is panels though some are wriggly tin.

Apparently when the first settlers arrived there were no stone masons so houses were built from wood.
There's a few stone buildings but not many.

This is government owned, reasonable enough.

The houses are mainly either wood or uPVC panels. Roofing is panels though some are wriggly tin.

Apparently when the first settlers arrived there were no stone masons so houses were built from wood.
There's a few stone buildings but not many.
So if you upset the housing officer it’s a basha somewhere on onion range.

TamH70

MIA
So if you upset the housing officer it’s a basha somewhere on onion range.

Not for me. A day or so of digging and I'd have a nice wee comfy trench, lined in plastic, with lower area to dump stuff in, and nicely covered over with a KIP sheet and fifty-odd centimetres of overhead protection. Another few days and I'd have a sangar built around it.

Not for me. A day or so of digging and I'd have a nice wee comfy trench, lined in plastic, with lower area to dump stuff in, and nicely covered over with a KIP sheet and fifty-odd centimetres of overhead protection. Another few days and I'd have a sangar built around it.
I’ll wait for FF to show off his skills from his memorable years.

Cloth ears

Clanker
I don't have a waiting room!

I only have 2 working surgeries out of 3.

I am beginning to regret the "I like a challenge" answer in my interview!
Had to pay a visit to the dentist in Stanley during my second trip down there in Aug 82.

It was after a lump of spent, turd shaped, piece of shrapnel, probably part off a 1000lb bomb neatly chiseled my front tooth down to the nerve.

Made my way to the MO's tent on Stanley airfield - nothing we can do with that ... oh look you can see the nerve through a thin sliver of tooth. Here some clove oil to rub on and make your way to the dentist in Stanley tomorrow.

Fine really as long as I didn't breathed the cold air in.

..... A story for the Emperor thread at some point.

Anyway I remember the dentist being very basic with what I would call a child's dentist chair with the head rest sticking between my shoulder blades (I'm 5' 10") The dentist in combats, so a forces one, did quite a reasonable job drilling, putting a couple of supports in it and building it back up. It lasted until I had it capped back in the UK about a year later.

Latest Threads