Working in the Falkland Islands?

Never really understood why people won't eat something because of what it eats.
Vegetables and plants use sh!t to grow yet most people will eat them without a second thought.
Well, most people wash the sh!t off before cooking. Indian lore you know. :-D :p

rmn

LE
They've resurfaced the road so not too bumpy at present.
Well, just got back from taking a peek. Bloody cold so glad I did ablution visit prior to visit. Sod all left of any of them (3) really, some wiring, some rubber and lots of rust. We're the tracks metal? I ask as there was what could be a portion of track visible a few yards a, albeit mostly buried. Quite a few tracks of Argentine bunkers still visible. Also of note are the post-conflict shallow ditches which I believe were dug as fire breaks when the area of Stanley Common South of the town (whoops -"city") was used for munitions storage. I was told the latter by a local who was in Stanley at the time, happy to be corrected.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Neeps from the garden. A taste of home.
20220703_162735.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well, just got back from taking a peek. Bloody cold so glad I did ablution visit prior to visit. Sod all left of any of them (3) really, some wiring, some rubber and lots of rust. We're the tracks metal? I ask as there was what could be a portion of track visible a few yards a, albeit mostly buried. Quite a few tracks of Argentine bunkers still visible. Also of note are the post-conflict shallow ditches which I believe were dug as fire breaks when the area of Stanley Common South of the town (whoops -"city") was used for munitions storage. I was told the latter by a local who was in Stanley at the time, happy to be corrected.
Any explanation for the two isolated poles? Higher than telegraph poles but no obvious purpose.
received_563568615315066.jpeg

Any explanation for the two isolated poles? Higher than telegraph poles but no obvious purpose. View attachment 674868
Signalling or navigation? Flags would enable communication with ships. Local boats could determine relative position by pole alignment. Antenna supports. A big sign that said "We are not Bennies!" Part of an experimental trebuchet for dead sheep. A net for catching birds or rocket mail from passing ships.

rmn

LE
Signalling or navigation? Flags would enable communication with ships. Local boats could determine relative position by pole alignment. Antenna supports. A big sign that said "We are not Bennies!" Part of an experimental trebuchet for dead sheep. A net for catching birds or rocket mail from passing ships.
Nothing indicated on any of my 1:25,000 or 1:50,000 maps going back to 1983. Of interest the area was minefield 51. Further fun Falkland facts - we have 2 big well lit posts which align to show vessels are on correct course through The Narrows to enter Stanley Harbour (I forget the correct term for such guides). Fact 2 nearby(ish) on Seal Point the RAF set up a system for picking up post bags by sky hook system with C130. Not used much though they did low level drops onto Stanley Common and apparently pallets from then can still be found scattered around.
-

Nothing indicated on any of my 1:25,000 or 1:50,000 maps going back to 1983. Of interest the area was minefield 51. Further fun Falkland facts - we have 2 big well lit posts which align to show vessels are on correct course through The Narrows to enter Stanley Harbour (I forget the correct term for such guides). Fact 2 nearby(ish) on Seal Point the RAF set up a system for picking up post bags by sky hook system with C130. Not used much though they did low level drops onto Stanley Common and apparently pallets from then can still be found scattered around.
-
Leading lights? Daymarks And Leading Lights

Latest Threads