Working in the Falkland Islands?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
FF, have you considered a job in a different, uncivilised part of the empire that is in need of assistance?
Hull or Birmingham, for example, would doubtless welcome you with open arms.
That from a man who lives amongst the Welsh...... :applaud: :applaud:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I take it that she's concerned with you being overworked by the state of Fifers' teeth? Or is the the banjoaccordion music she can't stand?

Too close to the central belt and civilisation!

I got offered some work down in the FI around 5 or 6 years ago when the Eirik Raude was on a drilling campaign down there.

The money sounded appealing and I thought it would be an interesting place to work.

The only thing that put me off was having to rely on the RAF for crew change flights every 4 weeks.

Was an instant no from me at the time.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I got offered some work down in the FI around 5 or 6 years ago when the Eirik Raude was on a drilling campaign down there.

The money sounded appealing and I thought it would be an interesting place to work.

The only thing that put me off was having to rely on the RAF for crew change flights every 4 weeks.

Was an instant no from me at the time.

The airlink to South America has been suspended for some time now and next review is Feb 2022.

So only flights are MOD. Airtanker rather than actually RAF. Out of Brize.
Seems to be running o.k. except for when the runway at Brize needed repair in the early summer. It could be coming and going from anywhere between Stansted and Prestwick!

That from a man who lives amongst the Welsh...... :applaud: :applaud:
The Welsh?
THE FUCK1NG WELSH!!!!
How very dare you sir.
I live over 60 miles away from the border of that inbred pit of sheep-shaggers.

The Welsh?
THE FUCK1NG WELSH!!!!
How very dare you sir.
I live over 60 miles away from the border of that inbred pit of sheep-shaggers.
My deepest apologies, I'm confusing you with @Old Stab (again apologies :p) who inhabits the kingdom of the inbred.....

It is your similar avtars & my creeping senility......:applaud:

My deepest apologies, I'm confusing you with @Old Stab (again apologies :p) who inhabits the kingdom of the inbred.....

It is your similar avtars & my creeping senility......:applaud:
Clearly your vision was obstructed by one of your beached whales being sat on your face.

I've just been a little bit sick in my mouth.

Oldschooly

Swinger
For a nearer, very attractive group of islands, I see Shetland is actively seeking dentists in a variety of posts - see their website…. Good luck, anyway .

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
For a nearer, very attractive group of islands, I see Shetland is actively seeking dentists in a variety of posts - see their website…. Good luck, anyway .

Did Orkney for 15years after I left the military, so seen enough of the Northern Isles, but thanks for the tip off

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
unnamed.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Flights confirmed.

The South Atlantic Airbridge for civilians is on Sundays.

By Sunday, they actually mean check in at Brize 2030-2130hrs.

For a 0110hrs take off on the Monday morning!