Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by The_Claw, Jul 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Working hours:
    Does anyone know the answer? Is there any reference.

The unit we work at is tour barred and we have guys working 220 hours a month. We are not short of strength, I would rather be on tour, at least you get 2 and a half grand for the trouble.
  2. 55 Hrs a week? Hardly long hours for RMP unless you are a part of the Corps that doesn't do the job. The old shift pattern used to amount to 59 hours in four days not including getting dragged in regularly in your so called time off.
  3. That has got to be a piss take.
  4. No just the view of the youth of to-day.
  5. The yoof of today, has nuffink to say.

Western, can I stalk you for a bit? I'm hanging out me arrse after the summer ball last night and have got nothing better to do. Bickies won't call me for phone sex.
  6. Well I worked 70 hrs last week so beat that fukcers
  7. If you must......just off to get my rubber thong.
  8. I've known many clerks who work anything between 12 - 18 hours per day, including weekends.

Bad time management? Bad personnel management? Too much work for too few people? Ignorant tossers in charge? Who knows, you decide.

edited to add - obviously not me, 'cos I'm a lazy bitch and refuse to work more than 70 hours per week.
  9. 55 hours!! I dream of 55 hour weeks. 72hours last week and I'm a civvy now.
    Just think of it as swings and roundabouts when you are working long hours.
    OK you are working your nads off at the mo, but what about the drop shifts, adventure training, time off for sports, freebie days off etc.
    When I think about my 22 yrs in and all the buckshee time off I got in between working my nads off I wonder how I had the nerve to claim my pay.
  10. So did we.
  11. You get paid for 24hrs a day, 365 days a year so whats the problem ? or has the Army working hours changed since I was in ? you'll be asking for a bloody union next.
  12. The poor clerks at our unit are forced to work 24hr weeks, I just dont know how they do it!
  13. The Labour Government ensured that they were able to get certain occupations exempted prior to signing the European Working Time Directive. Hence ourselves (and others like NHS Doctors) being flogged on a regular basis. The MoD has given an undertaking to "follow the spirit of the legislation" except where operationally necessary. So in theory, we should all be working a 45hr week. Dream on.

As for the old and bold - lest we forget - it must have been tough sat on your butt in Germany for 22 years with your sports afternoons, early knock-offs on a Fri, late starts on a Mon and time off for adventure training. Op Tempo is a bit quicker these days. . . . . .
  14. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Do you realise how much a yellow handbag cost then? We all did and do our bit and there is no real need to compare :)
  15. 55 hours a week ! What, every week? you poor sods. Check your rights under the European Concention on Human Rights. Then pull your neck in and get on and do it. When I was a long distance driver I remember complaining because they forced uo to cut our hours from 60 to 55.