WORKING HOURS

#1
Working hours:
Does anyone know the answer? Is there any reference.

The unit we work at is tour barred and we have guys working 220 hours a month. We are not short of strength, I would rather be on tour, at least you get 2 and a half grand for the trouble.
 
#2
55 Hrs a week? Hardly long hours for RMP unless you are a part of the Corps that doesn't do the job. The old shift pattern used to amount to 59 hours in four days not including getting dragged in regularly in your so called time off.
 
#3
The_Claw said:
Working hours:
Does anyone know the answer? Is there any reference.

The unit we work at is tour barred and we have guys working 220 hours a month. We are not short of strength, I would rather be on tour, at least you get 2 and a half grand for the trouble.
That has got to be a piss take.
 
#4
No just the view of the youth of to-day.
 
#5
western said:
No just the view of the youth of to-day.
The yoof of today, has nuffink to say.

Western, can I stalk you for a bit? I'm hanging out me arrse after the summer ball last night and have got nothing better to do. Bickies won't call me for phone sex.
 
#7
Dale the snail said:
western said:
No just the view of the youth of to-day.
The yoof of today, has nuffink to say.

Western, can I stalk you for a bit? I'm hanging out me arrse after the summer ball last night and have got nothing better to do. Bickies won't call me for phone sex.
If you must......just off to get my rubber thong.
 

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
#8
I've known many clerks who work anything between 12 - 18 hours per day, including weekends.

Bad time management? Bad personnel management? Too much work for too few people? Ignorant tossers in charge? Who knows, you decide.



edited to add - obviously not me, 'cos I'm a lazy bitch and refuse to work more than 70 hours per week.
 
#9
55 hours!! I dream of 55 hour weeks. 72hours last week and I'm a civvy now.
Just think of it as swings and roundabouts when you are working long hours.
OK you are working your nads off at the mo, but what about the drop shifts, adventure training, time off for sports, freebie days off etc.
When I think about my 22 yrs in and all the buckshee time off I got in between working my nads off I wonder how I had the nerve to claim my pay.
AJ
 
#11
The_Claw said:
Working hours:
Does anyone know the answer? Is there any reference.

The unit we work at is tour barred and we have guys working 220 hours a month. We are not short of strength, I would rather be on tour, at least you get 2 and a half grand for the trouble.
You get paid for 24hrs a day, 365 days a year so whats the problem ? or has the Army working hours changed since I was in ? you'll be asking for a bloody union next.
 
#13
The Labour Government ensured that they were able to get certain occupations exempted prior to signing the European Working Time Directive. Hence ourselves (and others like NHS Doctors) being flogged on a regular basis. The MoD has given an undertaking to "follow the spirit of the legislation" except where operationally necessary. So in theory, we should all be working a 45hr week. Dream on.

As for the old and bold - lest we forget - it must have been tough sat on your butt in Germany for 22 years with your sports afternoons, early knock-offs on a Fri, late starts on a Mon and time off for adventure training. Op Tempo is a bit quicker these days. . . . . .
 
#14
lifesize said:
As for the old and bold - lest we forget - it must have been tough sat on your butt in Germany for 22 years with your sports afternoons, early knock-offs on a Fri, late starts on a Mon and time off for adventure training. Op Tempo is a bit quicker these days. . . . . .
Do you realise how much a yellow handbag cost then? We all did and do our bit and there is no real need to compare :)
 
#15
55 hours a week ! What, every week? you poor sods. Check your rights under the European Concention on Human Rights. Then pull your neck in and get on and do it. When I was a long distance driver I remember complaining because they forced uo to cut our hours from 60 to 55.
 
#16
monkey104 said:
55 hours!! I dream of 55 hour weeks. 72hours last week and I'm a civvy now.
Just think of it as swings and roundabouts when you are working long hours.
OK you are working your nads off at the mo, but what about the drop shifts, adventure training, time off for sports, freebie days off etc.
When I think about my 22 yrs in and all the buckshee time off I got in between working my nads off I wonder how I had the nerve to claim my pay.
AJ
I know a Northern lad who works 170 hours a week, gets up before he goes to bed........................... Oh sh*t another monty Python sketch coming on.
Seriously though mate I dont know when you got out (if it was in the last few years or not) but there are lads at the mo who are definately earning their money on none stop tours but know where your coming from with civvy employment.

edited to say Craftsmanx a bit below the belt from what Ive seen from the majority of the lads at the moment.
 
#17
"As for the old and bold - lest we forget - it must have been tough sat on your butt in Germany for 22 years with your sports afternoons, early knock-offs on a Fri, late starts on a Mon and time off for adventure training. Op Tempo is a bit quicker these days. . . . . . "
_________________


Actually it was only last year, and believe it or not I served 5 op tours in my last 5 years.
But I was'nt griping I was fortunate enough to be doing a job I loved doing and with the build up of annual leave and POTL etc I did'nt seem to be at work much in the UK between tours.
I also remember not so long ago doing 18 x 12 hr shifts without time off for good behaviour. Like I say... swings and roundabouts.
AJ
 
#18
err dont get a sad on...get a mag on and stag on!

next you'll mention drivers hours!
 
#19
I'd love to work a 55 hour week, it would increase my pay by an extra £1342.50 a month :D I used to do 70-80 hours a week in the Branch. Almost every week in Germany. 55 is small potatoes! Garrison policing isn't that hard. I am sure you're not working that hard.
 
#20
Heed up.

Basic hours when I was working shifts (threes about or E/M/N) was about 70 - 80 Hours PW. This included getting in early to take over and then cracking on with the jobs picked up at the end of a shift to make sure they were in a fit state to process the next day.

I should add that this was when I was a comd, but I don't recall the lads getting to scoot away too often as they were all trying to get the jobs cracked.

Maybe things have changed?
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads