• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Working for the Post Office

Hi all,

I have an job interview at the Post Office on Friday. I've had a quick look on Arrse and on the Royal Mail website, but I couldn't find anything about their policy on reservists. Anyone here work for them?

I'm aware of the driver's hours thing, but it's a non-driving job, so that's not a drama.

Any help gladly recieved,

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
From BBC - TA soldiers wear uniforms to work

TA UNIFORMS AT WORK
London: MPs Maj Mark Lancaster and Maj Desmond Swayne will be in the Houses of Parliament
London: Cpl Nichola Harrison will work at Battersea Dogs Home
Truro: Sculptor and Rifleman James Eddy will be working on a piece of art
Perth: Pte Russell Duffy will be delivering post
Glasgow: Gunner Kelly Gallagher will work at Superdrug
Manchester: Lt Col Joanne Laverty will be teaching at school
If they let the lad do that, they can't be too STAB-unfriendly.

Happy with that, guys. Thanks.

I realise it depends a lot on the local management, but it's good to know there's some support there. Still, I declared it on my application, so as you say, if I've got an interview it can't bother them that much.

icecold

Clanker
Kit Reviewer
The Post Office are pretty good, they give you two weeks paid leave on top of your annual leave entitlement to attend annual camp and another few days unpaid leave if you need to leave early to travel away for weekends, that's in their policy. The policy is pretty much geared up toward to postie regiment (RLC) with it having the extra days unpaid leave to travel to Grantham for their weekends, but the policy applies to all serving reservists.

PM me if you haveany specific questions.

They seemed pretty positive about the TA at the interview today, and they did confirm the existence of the reserve forces policy. I didn't think it was a time to ask for specifics.

Should know whether I got the job by the end of next week.

ugly

LE
Anyone remember the RN reservist called up from the Post office for GW1 who was sacked on return, his supervisor was called Hussain and he didnt even leave the country but spent 12 weeks painting road signs in Pompey?

Latest Threads