Working for another unit

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Barrack Room Lawyer, Sep 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Would anyone be able to tell me if a certain individual was qualified as a PTI for example and they had just transfered from one TA unit to a specialist TA unit, would said PTI be able/allowed to parade with their old unit for approx 6 months approx 1 tuesday in 3 to run PT sessions until another sucker/mug can be convinced to go get their crossed swords?

    If so who is responsible for pay etc the new or old unit?
  2. How fast is the first train going again?
  3. If said PTI was to transfer to specialist TA unit then that new unit is to pay said PTI.

    Attached Files:

  5. msr

    msr LE

    This probably needs to be sorted out at TM to TM level. You will be paid by the unit on whose strength you are held.

  6. Theoretically, it's possible. If your old unit puts a formal request into your new unit, and your new unit agrees, then your new unit will pay you but claim the cost back from your old unit. The practicality is that your new unit will want to dodge the paper work and have the view that if you love your old unit so much, why didn't you stay with them?

    Better to delay your move or, if it's only drill nights, just turn up and say "Bugger the pay". I could be wrong, but I think the only insurance issue with the latter would be if you injure yourself.
  7. Not so much loving my old unit, just trying to help them out, I did think about just turning up and "Bugger the pay" but its a 50+mile round trip so the mileage pittance would be missed.

    Thanks for the replies chaps, I think I shall out with the old and in with the new as they say.
  8. New unit would have to pay you. One way round is could ask old unit if they will pay for your travel, and if so, ask new unit for permission to train with old unit as C1, and bung in your 1771's with the old unit as the paying UIN, but it would be your new unit that would pay the claim but claim the money against the UIN of the old unit. You can only be on the strength of one unit and only one unit can pay you. There is no facility for money to change hands between units other than at district/Bde level and then it would be, as previous stated, Trg Maj to Trg Maj (god bless them).

    Well this is how we have done it in the past......
  9. msr

    msr LE

    Don't feel bad if you can't - they should have given more thought to placing all their eggs in one basket.