Working Belt ( Desert )

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by sixty_three, Dec 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are these now being issued in a sand colour to go with the Desert DPM 95 uniform ?

2. I have yet to be issued with any kind of belt to go with 95 uniform other than the one that comes with the webbing and that is holding my webbing together.

I use a good old fashioned 58 pattern belt with either desert or temperate 95 and it works just fine.

3. Or you could spend a couple of euros buying one from the bazaar!

4. I always use an old and much trusted 44 patt.

5. if someone could post the n.s.n then that would be spot on :wink: :wink:

6. I'm not as slim as I was in '44 and can't seem to exchange it for a bigger size! My 3 euro 'rigger' belt has plenty of room for expansion though!!!

7. here goes !!!
    CN 8440 99 483 2462 Belt,working, desert .small
    CN 8440 99 483 2463 Belt,working, desert .medium
    CN 8440 99 483 2464 Belt,working, desert .large
    basically its the same as a normal green plce web belt, just it comes in desert colour and comes with the large black plastic fastex buckle that can easily be adapted for a normal male/female working belt clip.

8. Presumably occifers will continue to wear their much loved '58 pattern in the time honoured tradition?

9. and SNCOs!

10. personal choice in my unit.Think the crow officers and seniors go out of there way to look not so 'sproggy' and buy the 58 pattern belts

11. Personal preference, l found the ones at the yank px pretty good, assortment of colours (black, sand or green before you start!) and you can get your leathermans or whatever on it.

12. yeah alot of our lads when passing through Kuwait would come back with bags full of yank belts for the lads due to shortages and logistics problems on the issued belts the rsm had no problem with it

13. wore the old trusty 58 belt, till it fell apart now wear the newer 58 belt (no holes for adjusting) but still has the "d" rings at the rear

14. Well it was always going to be a struggle to get the occifers into the green plastic monstrosity.