Working abroad Whilst in Resettlement

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Nearly Out, Oct 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for advise about working abroad whilst in my last 6 months of service in the Army.

Can i confidently take up job opportunities that are offered and let my Army service come to a natural end at ROD? or is it best to give notice and terminate? (Having Already Completed 22years)

Bearing in mind that i'm posted from an overseas unit to the UK for my last 6 months.

Any helpfull advise welcome.
  2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The Army don't own you. I PVR'd so was free from day one, if you have a job offer I suspect moving abroad is not a big deal.
  3. My advice is out of date, so would need corroboration but I knew of a handful of people who, after being granted resettlement/gardening leave went overseas for resettlement and employment while still, technically, in the Army.

My own experience was being given a job offer, starting two days before I officially left the Army, in a country that I was not supposed to go according to MOD rules. CO who happened to be sensible had no problems with that.

I'd say it's a matter of balance: as long as you are doing something that will ensure a smooth transition from military life to your next job without taking the piss out of the system I don't think any sensible commander would object.