Work to start on Olympic Stadium

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by box-of-frogs, May 8, 2008.

?
  1. Early!!!

3.3%
  2. On time.

3.3%
  3. On time but way over budget!

50.0%
  4. Just in time for the opening ceremony.

43.3%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Work is about to start on the Olmypic Stadium. Will it be done on time or are we going to have egg on our faces??

2. I expect you and I the taxpayers and the National Lottery will have to have another wee 'whip round' or two over the next few months (which we wont hear about until post 2012).

3. Thanks largely to the 'Call me Tony' style of leadership, nothing in this country seems to work anymore.

We have had an underground railway system in London since 1863 and still it does not work properly! Every day, without fail, parts of it are 'broken' causing delay, anguish and costing money.

As a tax and council tax payer I am dreading the cost of the stupid Olympics. I am of the Kate Hoey school in this respect and that is to say Paris should have won. I am praying that Boris will get the whole shambles under a vice-like financial control and if need be, restraint.

4. How about an option 'over budget and late'? That would be my preferred choice.

5. Was in process of typing a 'too late and over budget / gashed into Wembley' option when i had some finger trouble and so started the voting. :oops:

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

No Olympics have not been ready on time. Why will ours somehow be worse than the Greeks or Chinese?

7. They have John Armitt in charge. If anyone can do it, he will. He was on the CTRL and at Network Rail when it took over from Railtrack. Has a good rep in the construction industry

This is quite interesting (once you peel back the cosmetics)

http://www.london2012.com/documents/oda-publications/demolish-dig-design-update.pdf

FWIW, I travel past the site at least 6 times a week. To casual inspection there has been massive activity over the last 18 months. I read somewhere that the Stadium will be ready at least 18 months early so they can hold a series of test events in advance of the opening.

8. Terminal 5. 'Nuff said.

It won't be egg on our face, it'll be the entire omelette.

9. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

I seccond the call for a "Late and overbudget" choice.

10. I think it will be our finest hour. I am convinced it will come in under budget and on time and be a credit to our politicians.....

....what's that.......

.... no nurse i haven't taken any today.

11. Early, but over budget and with big problems at the test events