Work expience

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by twitch13, Sep 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. would it be possible to do my work expience with the Kings Troop RHA??

any one no any contacts
  2. I'd be very interested to know this? Do any of the 3 Armed Forces offer this to young teenagers, has anyone or does anyone know that has been on this type of work experiance? My younger brother is due to take his at the end of the school year and hasn't yet got anything sorted, i'd like to push him in the direction of the Armed Forces?
  3. A freind got a place helping out with admin in my local TAC, so it's possible some form of work experience is available
  4. Go to your ACIO/AFCO and see if they do a Look at life course. Most Infantry Regts do and also some of the Corps
  5. Ask your school careers adviser to get in touch with the Army Careers Adviser that has contact with the school.
    When I did my stint at the AFCO I was an ACA(S) or in old money an Army Schools Liason Officer. The job entailed visiting schools and acting as a point of contact for Work Experience programmes.
  6. It is definately an option to do work experience with the Army, although perhaps not Kings troop due to their role, there will be someone who will take you on.
    I did mine with the RLC at Hyde Park barracks, just ask your careers advisor at school to look into it for you. Failing that, as MSI64 has said, a look at life course is also an option for you.
  7. acl

acl Old-Salt

May I suggest that before looking for a job, you should consider improving your grammar.

Good luck
  8. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

He wasn't after a job, simply work experience, which (if your memory stretches back further than your last cup of tea) is what kids do to assess a job they may be interested in.

Many, many Regiments often host potential recruits on work experience. Acl1981 however, is a person who feels obliged to pick on a potential recruit because of a few grammatical mistakes, despite ignoring the fact the she (even though her boyfriend has) has never served, and most of her posts are about her alleged firmness of her mammary glands.

If you are serious about donkey walloping, Kings Troop are located at St Johns Wood Barracks, London. The current RSM is a decent bloke - being that when I spoke to him last, he didn't shout at me :)
  9. acl

acl Old-Salt

I don't pick on genuine people like some of you do. I was humbly suggesting for him to improve his grammar, assuming he is a kid and still going to school. Whatever work experience, army or civvy, kids these days should at least be able to communicate effectively, this being oral and in writing.

I wasn't aware that I had to be serving to give a kid some genuine constructive advice that will surely only benefit him, and not me.

Thank you very much for your point of view Mr Fugly, it's always a pleasure seeing you around. I'm just surprised that Mr DN hasn't popped up ... yet.
  10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Are you joining up, or is your boyfriend still hitting you?
  11. Last year when I tried to get into Armed Forces work experience I couldn't because for some reason the school has to be signed up for this, and mine wasn't. That is what I was told by the person in charge of it at my school, perhaps check if your school can?
  12. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Cheers for that. I actually agree with you, as far as the content of your message goes.

After that, you rapidly run out of steam, because your hard nipple fetish has unfortunately labelled you as an attention seeking whore. An opinion which , unfortunately, I endorse.
  13. well sorry for not spelling correctly it my be down to a fact called dyslexia and i am a girl not a boy!
  14. Dont worry about it Twitch its not an issue and the spelling nazis can just STFU.