Work clothes

Who else is made to look a complete twat by the dress requirements of their occupations, here's one to start us off. article-2153423-132D3C01000005DC-939_634x626.jpg

As a male stripper my work clothes are seldom on long enough to cause embarrassment.

Did someone say Woodentops?

I'd also like to add the Taliban for those oversized towels they wear on their heads.

Astronauts? Gt a real job and stop wasting money on suits that cost years to design and $$$$ to make.

Why, oh, why do I have to wear a flipping hardhat when abseiling? I'm going to die anyway dangling from a fraying rope on the water tower at Lydd(?).

Having to wear a hi-viz jacket that says "Troops Marching" or "Caution Horses" when Rupert finishes his laptop risk asessment and let's us out.

Okay, TSO works in the theatre, but does she really have to wear stuff as if she's just off a Paris fashion show?... and take three hours to get ready.

Neuro-surgeons. What's with the Joe90 glasses? Sci-Fi walts.

The old QAMC uniform... wtf?

Starwar troopers... all bright and shiney and "highly camouflaged".. as for Darth vader... pluease.

If anyone has a pop at the Black Watch for taking on Jerries/Eyeties in WWII wearing kilts I'll send the ghost of Capt. John Latta to kirk yer arrses.

Been visiting my Dad in Lincoln and whilst getting a coffee in Starbucks ( global corporate empire I know but good coffee), In walked a Crab Officer type in flightsuit with more patches than a yank and was stood in the queue soaking up the admiring glances.

How far from town is the nearest Air Station ? Do they not have a NAAFI? Is this policy to let Aircrew mince about far from station on what was very obviously a " look at me" mission. I was under the impression flightsuits were overalls for flying types yet when based in Plymouth I never once saw a Clearance Diver walking around town in a drybag or flippers.

He was wearing one patch that had an AWACS on it but I seriously doubt he had left it in Starbucks car park . He would have had to drive out main gate in his Check Me Out suit, drive however far into town and still nothing crossed this wankers mind that it wasn't the done thing.

Or am I wrong? Even when I hung up my green suit in 2002, it wasn't the done thing to cut about the local town in your working rig. Is it acceptable for them these days to swan about larging it up in what is essentially Overalls, Posing ,For use of ?

Been visiting my Dad in Lincoln and whilst getting a coffee in Starbucks ( global corporate empire I know but good coffee), In walked a Crab Officer type in flightsuit with more patches than a yank and was stood in the queue soaking up the admiring glances.

Is your dad in Lincoln nick?

There are two Air bases near Lincoln. RAF Waddington (Three miles away)
RAF Scampton (five miles from the city)

He might have been on his NAAFI break?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The Training Wing 31
mission Classified Ads 4
Proximo The NAAFI Bar 6