Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Work begins on Royal Navy ammunitioning jetty

'… Gerrit Smit, project manager at VolkerStevin Marine, which is building the facility, said:
…"

Nice to see MOD keeping the cloggies gainfully employed.

Not only that, the MARS tankers are to be built in Korea...

Quite right too - you can go from quote to built in under 6 months, they churn 2 out every 3 weeks, and they all work. The rest of the shipping industry can't get enough of them, so remind me why we have to get BAe to build them for us?

Look, what would we do with a ship that was delivered on time and within budget? They don't start thinking of crewing a ship until it's at least 5 years late - if it was on time, they'd have to make a decision, and they're not very good at that.

Quite right too - you can go from quote to built in under 6 months, they churn 2 out every 3 weeks, and they all work. The rest of the shipping industry can't get enough of them, so remind me why we have to get BAe to build them for us?

Don't let Michael Heseltine hear you saying that.

Wtf is an 'ammunitioning jetty'? Is that a bog standard loading jetty by any chance? :roll:

Not really. The safe and secure embarkation and disembarkation of missiles, bombs, torpedoes, shells and HE by the ton involves certain significant issues and features beyond those relevant to "a bog standard loading jetty".

Well, now that everyone knows about it, I expect it will be targeted early on in our next war - sorry conflict - with Europe and they will take it out, leaving our mine sweepers without any .303 ammunition. Nicht Wahr?

Silly sausage eater.....minesweepers use 30mm or 7.62 as any fule kno...just saw one go past my window, no sign of anyone with an SMLE.......and the Type 45s I see purring in and out of Pompey several days a week throw 105mm HE 18 miles at a rate of twenty a minute....

( this, by the way, does not constitute a bite....roll on Saturday :) )