Words that drive you mad

D

Deleted 24582

Prosecco. For cnuts who cant afford Champagne. All tastes of piss to me but wine is for homos and prosecco is wine, so there we go then.
So wine is for homo’s, and champagne is for those in the closet?

Lacking Moral Fibre

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
This must have been mentioned on this thread already..."amazing" this word is overused by the BBC (Countryfile oh isn't that sheep amazing) especially it seems to be the go to word when the speaker/ sports presenter run's out of words.
"Tom Daly after 4 years of taxpayer funded training you've just managed to win a single won bronze that's amazing" No it isn't.
Two others that offend me are:

"Community", a word that nowadays means threatening ie the community is offended when Police try to arrest one of it's members so they may kick off usually gypo's or Muslims.

"Cuppa" after 6 yrs in the reg's I joined my local TA Engr Sqn. On the notice board was a cutting from the local newspaper.
"Local Dad's Army stop for a Cuppa" pictured were a ugly female officer and a sapper both squatting in front of dummy 1000lb bomb each holding a white enamel mug and giving the thumbs up with the other hand.

I guess is that your grandfather would be spinning in his grave (yes, I know it's physically impossible. I also understand irony et cetera - not ec setra).
In my defence this was some 50 years ago.I’ve mixed with some very unsavoury people in the intervening years.

I never understood why parents have taken to calling McDonalds 'Mickey Dee's', as if they're taking kids to a mate's house. That grips my shit.

When might those fools understand Ronald McDonald isn't their mate? When it's too late and something happens, that's when.
In fact, McDonald hasn't acquired an ECRB certificate, to my knowledge, and could well be a prolific, but un-apprehended, sex offender. For all we know, he could have Maddie.
East Coast Reptile Breeders?
Energy Community Regulatory Board?
External Connection Review Board?
Entreprise de Construction et Rénovation de Bâtiment?

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Why do Americans use the term 'bunch' for multiple similar items? A bunch can be applied to bananas, flowers or grapes - not cars, guns or houses FFS!

European Community Resident Badger?

D

Deleted 24582

Why do Americans use the term 'bunch' for multiple similar items? A bunch can be applied to bananas, flowers or grapes - not cars, guns or houses FFS!
If they are similar things then the term does apply.

D

Deleted 24582

Yes, for example I opened google calendar this morning and saw I had a whole bunch of *hit items on the agenda today. As they are all events that were created for similar people who share much in common.

This must have been mentioned on this thread already..."amazing" this word is overused by the BBC (Countryfile oh isn't that sheep amazing) especially it seems to be the go to word when the speaker/ sports presenter run's out of words.
"Tom Daly after 4 years of taxpayer funded training you've just managed to win a single won bronze that's amazing" No it isn't.
Two others that offend me are:

"Community", a word that nowadays means threatening ie the community is offended when Police try to arrest one of it's members so they may kick off usually gypo's or Muslims.

"Cuppa" after 6 yrs in the reg's I joined my local TA Engr Sqn. On the notice board was a cutting from the local newspaper.
"Local Dad's Army stop for a Cuppa" pictured were a ugly female officer and a sapper both squatting in front of dummy 1000lb bomb each holding a white enamel mug and giving the thumbs up with the other hand.
I think I remember that ugly female officer...

D

Deleted 24582

East Coast Reptile Breeders?
Energy Community Regulatory Board?
External Connection Review Board?
Entreprise de Construction et Rénovation de Bâtiment?
Europeans crying really badly.
Europeans can't realistically behave.

Sammer

War Hero
Mate I hate the word now that I’m in Civi street when called it I normally say do I go on the lash with you no do we tag team munters on pay day no would you carry me pissing blood out through a mine field no then I’m not your mate.
It would appear that you also hate punctuation.

Prosecco. For cnuts who cant afford Champagne. All tastes of piss to me but wine is for homos and prosecco is wine, so there we go then.
Prosecco seems to be the modern equivalent of Asti Spumante, ie, naff as fuck but the ladies seem to like it.

Seems to be on every other advert on tv at the moment

virginal dryness

Seems to be on every other advert on tv at the moment

virginal dryness
That and female leaky bladders :( .

Edit: I've learnt more about the working of the female anatomy, over the last ten years since TV advertising was "liberalised", than I did over the previous sixty years!!

Latest Threads