Words that drive you mad

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
"Mate", other than when used between adult British men.

No, *********, your 4 year old son is not your "mate", still less is your young daughter.

Ladies, stop saying "I'm going out with my mates", it's not possible, they're female. They are not your mates. They may be your friends; I wouldn't know.

What makes you think ladies' mates are female?

If you don't want the word "tracklements", I'll have it - I rather like it.

I can trot it out frequently, along with the condiments, just to piss people off if nothing else. :thumright:
It seems that tracklement was probably derived from a similar dialect word with variant spellings (e.g. tranklement, tanchiment) that was used across North and Central England and meaning "ornaments, trinkets; bits of things".

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Pretentious twats who ask for " Spag boll" its spaghetti bolognaise you fcukwits.

That's just a common abbreviation for an easy meal! Nothing pretentious.

ETA: I can't imagine ever "asking" for spag bol, I wouldn't be picking it from a menu, in the same way that I wouldn't have the need to visit a coffee shop or order a boiled egg!

Nato123

War Hero
Thanks for that ringing endorsement of all that is important about womanhood.
Happy to help - You could list all the things that women do to make most men's life better?

A sort of SWOT chart if you like.

I'm sure that it would balance out just fine and no way endorse the totally unfair 'Snakes with tits' comparison.

This clip will help you concentrate :) .....

That's just a common abbreviation for an easy meal! Nothing pretentious.

ETA: I can't imagine ever "asking" for spag bol, I wouldn't be picking it from a menu, in the same way that I wouldn't have the need to visit a coffee shop or order a boiled egg!

My wife cooks a passable spaghetti bolognaise, , I too have never had the need or urge to pay for overpriced coffee when out and about, and as for eggs, very rarely, and only if fried as part of the full English breakfast, and then only when I was working away and living in digs, or hotels.

Slight digress, Memory jog:- About 5 years ago I had the misfortune of working in an aluminium smelting plant in Rotherham, In all my 50 years as a tradesman, I have never had to endure such a filthy noisy dirty, untidy, and somewhat totally horrendous conditions, and not just the plant we were in, the whole area resembled one of those semi documentary pre war films from the industrial north, smoke chocking soot and widespread devastation, the only redeeming feature, was planted in the middle of all this nightmare, was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, a breakfast to die for, magnificent, and the evening meal, just as good, with waitress service, two worlds, divided by a days work. END.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Boy or girl, doesn't matter. It's a male word.

Thanks for that, it's helped me reach a decision.

I definitely won't be mating with you.

Very good.However gorilla guts was correct.Origin of name due to shape like a pulley wheel.
Ok carry on.
My parents & grandparents would always say ‘tranklements’. After walking into a room with toys spread all over my dad would say “come on, pack all these tranklements away now”.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I hate the use of naval terminology. It drives me up the bulkhead.

Knowing how to operate the washing machine.
Ironing.
cooking.
Breast feeding the sprogs.
Cleaning.
shopping.
Bedroom gymnastics.
sewing and needlework.
Answering the phone when I'm asleep on the sofa.
paying the milkman( No ribald comments please lads!)
When I was working, being my book keeper.
Washing up.I do the drying up, she insists.
Booking the dentist, optician, & the boiler gas maintenance once a year.
Knowing when to keep quiet.
.pegging out the washing.

All these things I do not do, unless asked, and then under sufferance.
Now get the lazy cow to sort out your grammar, punctuation and spelling.

I never understood why parents have taken to calling McDonalds 'Mickey Dee's', as if they're taking kids to a mate's house. That grips my shit.

When might those fools understand Ronald McDonald isn't their mate? When it's too late and something happens, that's when.
In fact, McDonald hasn't acquired an ECRB certificate, to my knowledge, and could well be a prolific, but un-apprehended, sex offender. For all we know, he could have Maddie.

I hate the use of naval terminology. It drives me up the bulkhead.
My brother in law insists on using phrases like 'see you at ten bells' when he means 10:00. I did once explain the naval watch bells system but to no avail.

Another annoyance: use of 'sick' to mean 'impressive'. 'sick move bro!'.

Also: 'rammed' instead of 'crammed'

Latest Threads