Words that drive you mad

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
It looked like a wheel and the word is derived from the Old Dago for wheel.

I would like to strangle “tracklements”. WTF is wrong with pickles, chutneys etc.

If you don't want the word "tracklements", I'll have it - I rather like it.

I can trot it out frequently, along with the condiments, just to piss people off if nothing else. :thumright:

The Army seems to have changed from Lorry to Truck designation sometime in the 1950s, the Bedford RL was a Truck, Cargo, 4-ton
Pedant on; the Bedford RL was a 'Truck, Cargo, 3-ton in the 50s , only later did it become 4 ton. Though it was only a designation change, no mods carried out. pedant off.

Since that clearly added nothing to the subject at hand, may I offer 'hence why' as a creeping sign of inadequate education, that jars - or should that be 'triggers', every time?

[DRIFT]

I have noticed - THANKFULLY - a phrase that now seems to have FALLEN from regular use . . .

"At this moment in time . . "

Arrrgh !!

Usually associated with Trade Union leaders! What ever happened to them?! ;) .

[/DRIFT]

Last edited:
'Whatever'

morsk

LE
Prosecco. For cunts who cant afford Champagne. All tastes of piss to me but wine is for homos and prosecco is wine, so there we go then.

Yokel

LE
When did helicopters become 'rotary wing assets'?
Helicopters have long been called Rotary Wing aircraft, and I guess the term includes Tiltrotor types. Sometimes they are not there as flying trucks but as weapon platforms in their own right, such as Attack or ASW helicopters.

Prosecco. For cnuts who cant afford Champagne. All tastes of piss to me but wine is for homos and prosecco is wine, so there we go then.
Sweet piss! Champagne is simply overpriced white wine.

"Mate", other than when used between adult British men.

No, dick head, your 4 year old son is not your "mate", still less is your young daughter.

Ladies, stop saying "I'm going out with my mates", it's not possible, they're female. They are not your mates. They may be your friends; I wouldn't know.

morsk

LE
Helicopters have long been called Rotary Wing aircraft, and I guess the term includes Tiltrotor types. Sometimes they are not there as flying trucks but as weapon platforms in their own right, such as Attack or ASW helicopters.

Sweet piss! Champagne is simply overpriced white wine.
Yup, and all drunk by homs

Bezzies instead of best friends, you deserve a smack in the crutch with a cricket bat

Yokel

LE
"Mate", other than when used between adult British men.

No, *********, your 4 year old son is not your "mate", still less is your young daughter.

Ladies, stop saying "I'm going out with my mates", it's not possible, they're female. They are not your mates. They may be your friends; I wouldn't know.
Are you saying it is impossible to have female mates?

Yup, and all drunk by homs
It is not something I would chose to drink.

Bezzies instead of best friends, you deserve a smack in the crutch with a cricket bat
CROTCH not Crotch.

There are no inappropriate words - just inappropriate usage.

morsk

LE
Sooner or later you're going to try to fcuk them...... Fairly sure that isn't just me

morsk

LE
Grips me when they say "get me the asset" on films, rather than the americans being honest and saying "get the government sanctioned hitman out of bed"

belters

Game changer. Just fuck off.

I actually saw this today after googling a proper old caff I went to on Saturday , and some hipster Walker has written a OTT review including the phrase ' But what's a real game changer for this cafe is...'

Just fuck off , there is no game they are changing they are making tea and bacon sandwiches you insufferable twat.

It is not something I would chose to drink.

CROTCH not Crotch.

There are no inappropriate words - just inappropriate usage.
CROTCH not Crotch?

I see what you mean by inappropriate usage.

Latest Threads