Words that drive you mad

‘He done good/great’. No it’s ‘He did well’ you moron.
Being called ‘Buddy’ by some beardy twat with a pony tail behind a counter. I’m not American or Canadian and (nicked from South Park) I’m not your buddy guy/friend/pal/mate.
Putting ‘The’ in front of HMS as in The HMS Daring, it’s either HMS Daring or The Daring.
Every other word in a sentence being Like.
Mind you I do like the combination of French and English in ‘Qu'est-ce que fuck!’ And don’t mind being called mate or mush.

D

Deleted 24582

‘He done good/great’. No it’s ‘He did well’ you moron.
Being called ‘Buddy’ by some beardy twat with a pony tail behind a counter. I’m not American or Canadian and (nicked from South Park) I’m not your buddy guy/friend/pal/mate.
Putting ‘The’ in front of HMS as in The HMS Daring, it’s either HMS Daring or The Daring.
Every other word in a sentence being Like.
Mind you I do like the combination of French and English in ‘Qu'est-ce que ****!’ And don’t mind being called mate or mush.
You done good, son.
Would you prefer "Highspeed" instead?

D

Deleted 24582

Being called..
"Young man" when you are on the downhill slide to 40...

gorillaguts981

War Hero
In jest I once responded to a female office junior, who asked "can I call you ***** (my first name)" with " you may call me MISTER xxxxxxxxxxx or Sir". Spoken in a light hearted manner but it was though I smacked her in the face. Very respectful afterwards so it worked.

People didn't dress like sex offending bellends while using the Queen's Highway when I was a lad. They'd get on their bicycles and get straight from A to B, no fuckin about. Everyone knew each other then, and we could leave our front doors unlocked.
Yes, some of us kids got our hands crushed in the old clothe manglers, but it was acceptable then.

Damn, I also remember washboards!

People didn't dress like sex offending bellends while using the Queen's Highway when I was a lad. They'd get on their bicycles and get straight from A to B, no fuckin about. Everyone knew each other then, and we could leave our front doors unlocked.
Yes, some of us kids got our hands crushed in the old clothe manglers, but it was acceptable then.

Damn, I also remember washboards!
If we all revert from 1894 for a bit, what words annoy you. Blud.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
In jest I once responded to a female office junior, who asked "can I call you ***** (my first name)" with " you may call me MISTER xxxxxxxxxxx or Sir". Spoken in a light hearted manner but it was though I smacked her in the face. Very respectful afterwards so it worked.
This.

Business callers, in fact anyone who isn't a personal friend, who asks "can I call you [first name]?". I finally snapped and asked "why would you want to do that?".

I've had significantly fewer people pestering me since then.

Normal response was a pre-bagged turd...
With the exception of the kids running alongside or pestering at junctions 'mister mister, water, water' Normal response was, 'no thanks, we've got plenty'
Bit extreme but I’ve normally got a pre bagged turd from the dog. Must try it some time.

Latest Threads