Words that are just wrong

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bullet Sponge, Nov 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My day has been ruined, I woke up, got the usual shit shower and shave out of the way, had an uneventful drive to the office and even had a cup of tea waiting for me. Life was good, my inner karma chi bunny was happy and the world didn't seem like such a bad place.

Then it all went wrong. My ears were assaulted by what can only be described as a completely wrong word. The word in question? GUSSET!..... :puker:
    It's just wrong on a whole new level, my inner karma chi bunny is still dry heaving and now the world seems like a grimy, dirty place. :cry:

Anyway, as my day has now been ruined I've decided not to suffer alone and am inviting you to share the words that make your skin crawl....

2. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

The following words assaulted me earlier today in quick succession...bit like Blitzkrieg.

"Senior Management Information Dissemination Meeting"

I just knew it was going to be a bad day from then onwards.

S_R

3. flange, its dosent sit very well and created images of a soggy gusset which smells of fish

4. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Work. Now, that's a word to make one retch.

5. So working batter into a fishy gusset must really make you heave?

6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Or; Celibacy. I hate that word

7. All of what you have said. I feel ill now.

8. Fanny batter is another one that makes me feel a bit odd. Forgot to mention it.

9. Ahem. To quote General Cecil Hogmanay "Insanity" Melchett...

"Security isn't a dirty word, Blackadder. Now crevice, crevice is a dirty word..."

"Leak - now there's a positively disgusting word"

10. I always thought gusset was a great word. Hill!!! now theres a fecker of a word. Every time someone said "Hill" I'd start breathing heavily, sweat, turn red and get strangely knackered.

11. I agree with "Hill" but would break out in a cold sweat when it was preceeded by "Tab up that".

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

COMMITMENT.

Now that is an ugly word.

13. The phrase 'DMICP working group' makes me feel ill, mind you it does imply that something to do with DMICP actually works. The comedy value from that thought has cheered me up no end.

14. You seem to like it, you've done it 3 times

Edited to add my word; Flange - the word is fcuking horrible

15. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Can't remember it being three. But what the hell I like a good p1ss up.