Wordle (don't post the current days word)

arfah

ADC
A9980F71-C137-4963-A5C6-FE2A2D64DC9F.jpeg

I find it curious that people don't see analysing / hacking the system or coming up with an algorithm to solve it, as using grey matter.

A bit like the Int Corps SNCO who once told me some analytical training exercises I'd written were "just playing number games, not intelligence". I directed him to the training wing wall display about Bletchley, Enigma, etc.

I certainly do not . I suppose it depends upon what level / type of personal satisfaction someone wants to get out of solving Wordle ... purely the grey matter and knowledge held within it or using the grey matter to develop aids ... I am on the very early part of the developing aids option ... I suppose at my age it is a way of keeping of keeping the brain active .

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
I certainly do not . I suppose it depends upon what level / type of personal satisfaction someone wants to get out of solving Wordle ... purely the grey matter and knowledge held within it or using the grey matter to develop aids ... I am on the very early part of the developing aids option ... I suppose at my age it is a way of keeping of keeping the brain active .
Like I said, curious. I see it as two different games. One is the rules of playing Wordle, the other is how can I play with the rules of Wordle? The second one interests me more, but both require grey matter.

Like I said, curious. I see it as two different games. One is the rules of playing Wordle, the other is how can I play with the rules of Wordle? The second one interests me more, but both require grey matter.
Agreed two different games, I now find myself sufficiently intrigued as to investigate both, despite having no knowledge of how to attempt the second.

Your earlier post
Some children enjoy hitting the ball with the bat, and some children enjoy picking daisies outfield.
has for some reason resulted in having the song “Flowers In The Rain” by the Move insinuate itself into my mind. Strange where these threads take you.

Purely through lack of word power, I've found it advantageous to use words that don't include all the letters thus far discovered. Obviously you're not going to do that on the final guess. Works for me.

Wordle 224 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜

Badly chosen first word even although it contained two of the more common vowels and high occurrence consonants . However even that was of course useful .

First word entered revealed no correct vowels , two correct consonants one of which was in its correct location and the nature of it further restricted correct location of the second consonant ... so good choice of first word .

Wordle 225 3/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜

Last edited:
This is really more our style I am sure

Lewdle - a daily rude word game

Much better, got two possible solutions with 2 guesses and obviously picked the wrong one first.

Latest Threads