Wootton Bassett

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dunc0936, Nov 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watching the news, looks like a huge turn out despite the rain, the support for troops seems to continue to grow even if support for the conflict is falling

Duncan

2. Iam here and the crowds are a out 3 deep. The media are also out in force looking for a story etc. Fkrs! Got another hour to wait and people have been waiting for about 2 already.

3. Well, there's a turn up! The fkn turd leader from the BNP is here! Outstanding!

4. The media are also out in force looking for a story etc. Fkrs!

I understand your comment about the media, leeches the lot of them. However on this occasion let us use them in our favour to get the message out and let others know of the scarifices the lads and lasses are making for us.

Any other time they can shove their zoom lens up their arrses......

5. Agreed but they're asking about opinions against what we're doing. On this of all days?

6. Just got off the phone with a guy down there (sadly couldnt make it meself) He says lots of Older Grenadiers attended.

Note didnt say ex as "Once a Grenadier always a Grenadier"

7. Well done Wooton Bassett and all those travelling to attend. Doing the lads proud once again.

8. 'Agreed but they're asking about opinions against what we're doing. On this of all days?'

Fair comment, I'm with you on that one.

9. Here's tossing a grenade in and ducking - how long do you think it will be before a member of our spiteful and envious government decides that Wootton Bassett is getting a little out of hand and slaps a public order notice on it (in the same way that we are not allowed to gather outside parliament without permission)?

10. At least this community shows the respect due to our lads coming back!! how many others would refuse to even stand still when a fallen goes by!! well done Wotton Bassett. just watching news, as sadly cannot be there and the crowd was huge!! our lads got a good welcome!! good to see.

Exemplo Ducemus

11. I don't know how we do it, but I reckon we should recommend Wootton Basset for a Queens award. They've done more to earn it than pop stars and celebs if you ask me.

12. Chubb?

13. I thought I saw Chubb being interviewed.....BBC (I think) spoke to "one of the first there to pay her respects" "Nicola Collins, once a cadet has seen 23 of her friends laid to rest"

WTF is that about??

14. Glad someone else saw it, I thought I was dreaming.

Unfortunately as worthy as Wootton Bassett is you will always get an element of ‘Grief Whores’ :evil:

15. or just shut RAF Lyneham,or is that just being cynical?