Wootton Bassett pics

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Oct 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Has he mistaken that for a sausage roll?

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Cheers mate. never knew it was on until too late, would have gone if I known.
  4. Thankyou to the residents of Wootton Bassett.

It is a pity that others in the seat of power and resident of areas of our country do not show the same respect

for our lads serving wherever they may be,sometimes paying the ultimate cost.

Thankyou once again Wooton Bassett
  5. A great respect to Wootton Bassett.

I hope there is a parade when the Gloucesters return, I hope this helps.

From the Ehco/citizen/Forester

THE GENEROSITY of Gloucestershire people has shone through as a sudden influx of shoebox donations pushed the total to more than 900.
    As collection points for the Gifts for our Heroes campaign closed, the number of shoeboxes collected stood at 650 boxes.
    But with remaining individual donations not yet packed up, another collection of boxes was put together by hard-working volunteers.
    Gifts for our Heroes was initiated by the Hardwicke and District Royal British Legion and supported by the Gloucestershire Echo and The Citizen.
    The boxes, containing non perishable items, will be sent to war-torn Afghanistan in time for Gloucestershire's troops to benefit from them.
    After an initial response to the campaign which organiser Bill Bratty described as "overwhelming", more than 250 boxes have now been sent in.
    "We delivered over 250 more boxes to the Rifles this morning," said Bill.
    "The total is now 900, and if you consider we started off hoping to get 600 it's a fantastic result.
    "We've had masses in from the supermarkets and last weekend we could see we had enough for at least another 100 boxes.
    "But the donations just kept coming in and we had to keep going."
    Bill and his wife Carol, who came up with the idea for the campaign, have been working around the clock with other volunteers to get the donations into boxes.
    "My wife and I have been spending between 10 and 12 hours some days getting the boxes ready.
    "We also presented the Rifles with a cheque for £250 which was donated by those who couldn't send gifts.
    "We've had help from so many collection points right across the county, all the way out to the Hereford border and Bristol.
    "Tesco in Quedgeley and United Services in Cheltenham have sent a significant amount of donations, and Pam from the Queen Vic in Stroud bought some donations the other day.
    "This last-minute response, despite being late has been fantastic."
    The extra boxes will now join the rest of the stock at the Beachley Barracks near Chepstow, and will follow the troops to Afghanistan in October.