woops

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by noobie1313, Mar 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. right guys pulled my groin musle at the gym last night, and i start basic in a couple of days does any one know the best way to repair my self.

got some deep heat but dunno if it will do the trick :S

cheers
    noobie

2. Dont put deep heat any where near your groin area, your bollocks will be on fire, id say gentle stretching and support strapping and see your doc for some proper pain killers.

3. and just rest it off? or keep on doing some streches?

(cheers for the info on the deep heat lol)

4. Stretch and rest my friend

5. Hey Noobie,

The following are the common treatments used for groin strains:

Rest
    It is important to rest following the injury to allow the injured muscle to properly heal. Allow pain to guide your level of activity; this means that activities which cause symptoms should be avoided.

Stretching
    Gentle stretching is helpful, but it should not be painful. Stretching excessively can be harmful and slow the healing process. Adductor stretches

Ice the Injury
    Apply ice to the injured area in the acute phase (first 48 hours after injury), and then after activities. Ice will help calm the inflammatory response and stimulate blood flow to the area.

Heat Applications
    Before activities, gentle heating can help loosen the muscle. Apply a heat pack to the groin prior to stretching or exercising. As a general rule of thumb, remember to heat before, and ice after.

Hope this helps