Woolmer Definately Murdered

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Sven, Mar 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The PM found that He had bruises around His throat and that the bone at the top of his osophagus was fractured

Beeb Report
  2. Extraordinary
  3. The papers are now going on about how the poor chap was about to blow the lid on a match fixing scam...I am assuming he was killed due to something like this rather than some crazed cricket 'fans'.
  4. What? Tony BLiar found bruising and a fractured osophagus :biggrin: - let me guess the Aussies will kill all our former cricketers in 45 minutes unless we take immediate military action :pissedoff:

5. Sport stopped being sport along time ago. As soon as wages, sponsorship and overall wealth tookover, sport is nothing more than any other business. Corruption sits at the boardroom table of many an outfit.

I am also of the opinion that some of our former colonial territories dont have the intelligence to partake in such world sporting events. The carribean is also one of the most corrupt regions of the world I have had the pleasure to work in.

Match fixing and betting syndicates would fit in well and the ability to invesitgate murder would be quite a challenge. I beleive he has had 2 post mortems. The damage to the hyoid bone should have been spotted straight away.
  6. The Third Umpire took a while but got it right in the end.

A betting scandal is approaching and I fear that there is a lot more mileage in all this....
  7. Cricket is a game, not a sport! There are only three sports, as any English gentleman should know!
  8. Jamaican Police reckon a betting syndicate is up to their neck in it.
  9. BBC world took just 30 seconds to inform their audience that 3x terrorist suspects had been arrested in connection with the 7 July 05 London bombings yesterday yet devoted at least 2x half hour bulletins entirely to the murder of Mr Woolmer this morning!!
  10. No disrespect to Woolmers' family, but i've just watched about 20 mins on this story on Sky News, with the odd 'breaking news' along the scrolling bar with regards to wounded soldiers in iraq/afghan.

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of priorities in the news channels.
  11. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

For once, nice to see they got the priority right :thumleft:
  12. Sorry fingers, didn't read your post, wasn't trying to steal your thunder.

But yeah, the News is a bunch of bollox.

That KNUT of a polar bear gets more coverage than our soldiers.
  13. If you din't think that the apparent murder of a world respected coach at a World Cup is not a newsorthy ite, then I think you need a head check. As for the Polar bear, it would look great as a mitten to polish my helmet visor. Its not even British FFS.
  14. It didn't deserve the blanket coverage it received, indeed the newsreaders were clearly struggling to make 7-8 mins of detail last a full half hour.