Woolly Pully picture

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Apr 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I'm working with YesItsMe auctioning bears to make money for MDN's 'Help them Out' and 'Holidays for Heroes' campaigns.

Currently she's auctioning Jock, a bear rescued from MDN's cellar, and after that we have two of Horsa's offspring ready to sell to the highest bidder, and then a World War 2 veteran bear.

The next batch of bears has arrived and I'm thinking of ideas for dressing them. One possibility is a Woolly Pully. We could claim he was found on Luneberg Heath, waiting for the Russians to invade and not knowing the Cold War was over. I might even do one in RAF Blue, just to annoy arrsers!

So, does any of you old'n'bold have a picture of someone wearing a Woolly Pully in your archives? Could you post it here, or PM it to me?

Ever Grateful
    GRB
    Quarter Mistress to Sgt Slingsby's Magnificent Bears

2. Not till tomorrow morning my dear and you may have one by then! Keep me posted if you want me to send you a photo.

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Missie, a photo would be lovely, and tomorrow will be fine. I can then buy the wool at the weekend, and work out a pattern during the TV-watching evenings next week.

I can PM you my email address if that would be easier than attaching it on here.

GRB

4. Please send the email address.

5. Grownup_Rafbrat

PM Sent, and thanks.

QM

6. Don't have a picture of a woolly pully but do have a bear made from one :lol:

Chard ...

[​IMG]

7. Grownup_Rafbrat

'ee vrum Zummerzet then?

Excellent bear, but doesn't tell me the length, sleeve type or whether there were epaulettes.

Shame really, I know Dad wore them, but I can't remember the details....

My excuse is that I'm older now than he was then!

8. Grownup_Rafbrat

By the way, his cousin Burra has cleaned me out of whisky and I'm down to my last bottle of champagne!

Those Scottish bears can drink!

9. I believe that the woolie pullie, was originally brown in colour before it went to green, If any of the old and bold can confirm then it would be more authentic.

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thank you for the pics. They're very helpful.

Sorry about the Chard comment; I was only teasing.

Will go and do the ironing as penance.

11. Correct Sir
    It also had a drawstring neck.bootlace type of thingy,

12. Grownup_Rafbrat

So now I need a history of the woollie pullie - dates, designs and details!!!!

Maybe we can get away with a 'representative' pully.

13. Thr very early brown woolys had a draw string around the neck

14. I have a black one in reasonably good nick, if you want.

Somewhere in the house....

Litotes