Woolies GONE......

What a lovely day for going into a Woolworth's Pick and Mix counter and mixing it all up with a pick!

T

Tremaine

Good! and.....good :D

Our local store has never ever had facilities for the disabled though it saw fit to expand its store, ignoring wheelchair users and other similar disabilities.

Get rid.

Gutted. No more cheap James Last cassettes for me then. I'm surprised Woolies survived beyond 1979, as I was never really sure what the point of it was - or who it was aimed at. Oh well, more real estate for Starbucks to take over. They're like the fcuking Borg: 'Must... assimilate... all... high street... outlets. Resistance is futile!'

Its just been reported on the news that PC World and Currys have now said they are in "The Red" and might be next - so DON'T buy a PC from either of them, as you will have no warranty options once they go under!

Glad to hear Curry's are in the smelly stuff as well. Perhaps they'd have fared a bit better if their sales staff had focussed a bit more on what the customer wanted to buy instead of badgering them about extended warranties they'd already said they didn't want. I can't have been the only one who walked out never to return.

Gah, I live in a "tourist town" where most of the shops are outdoor clothing retailers and the only remotely useful store for locals is Woolworths. I can guran-fecking-tee that if the store closed it would be replaced by another fecking outdoor clothing store.

smartascarrots said:
Glad to hear Curry's are in the smelly stuff as well. Perhaps they'd have fared a bit better if their sales staff had focussed a bit more on what the customer wanted to buy instead of badgering them about extended warranties they'd already said they didn't want. I can't have been the only one who walked out never to return.
Was in my local Currys the other day spent 5 minutes being ingnored by a multitude of staff, walked out went to Comet. Staff couldn't be more helpful, excellent customer service. Currys have only themselves to blame.

For the love of the pick and mix!

Hopefully Currys will go under I need a new washing machine

Woollies are excellent - loads of cheap presents for your kids to take as gifts to birthday parties. They also saved me a fortune on Christmas presents with their recent buy 2 get the 3rd toy for free offer. Saved around £180 which meant another golf club for me !

batfink said:
Was in my local Currys the other day spent 5 minutes being ingnored by a multitude of staff, walked out went to Comet. Staff couldn't be more helpful, excellent customer service. Currys have only themselves to blame.
Either that or they all descend on you at once trying to flog you camcorders, TVs, DVD players and any other stuff you don't want because all you came in for was some batteries.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fatsplasher Miscellaneous Jokes 0