Woolen cuffs

Where can I get hold of woolen cuffs to attach to my smock. Spend a lot of time in Sennybridge and once the velcro get tired/old the wind just kind of blast through the smock via flapping sleeves. Quite annoying. Anyway any info gratefull recieved.

Dont know if they make them specially. I bought a second hand smock from a mate which had the tops from a pair of issue sox stiched into the sleeves. Slightly pikey but worked a treat.

Boney

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
TBB, try HM Supplies.

They used to flog them so you could repair your ally smock instead of handing it in for exchange.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
If you can get hold of Jay Jays in Breacon they knock them out for a fiver.

Just they charge £10 on top of that to sew them on!!!

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
If you PM me I might be able to help, there used to be a huge box of gash in my old ccf stores. Im sure there were woolen cuffs in there (as i nicked some for my smock!)

As mentioned, Du Bora's do them for £5.50.

I got mine from there and then took the cuffs and the smock up to HM Supplies to get them sewn on for £3. Was ready to collect an hour later.

Job done!

always found them to soak up water and stay wet forever, try modding your velcro so it seals better,

So the ends of socks and/or pulleys are chav and 80s?

You would all rather pay £10 upwards for something you can get for nowt?

No fcuking pay rise for you lot this year then. You obviously don't need any more cash. :twisted:

tearsbeforebedtime said:
Where can I get hold of woolen cuffs to attach to my smock. Spend a lot of time in Sennybridge and once the velcro get tired/old the wind just kind of blast through the smock via flapping sleeves. Quite annoying. Anyway any info gratefull recieved.
I had the cuffs of a pair of old socks on my Denison smock (yes, I am that old) and I found them too good a seal. I found the same thing with velcro done up snug. I came to the conclusion that having the cuff fabric just loose enough to get my hand through was the perfect answer - tight enough to keep the worst of the breezes out and loose enough for ventilation when needed. So I stitched 'em up permanently with an appropriate degree of taper. Worked for me, but I'm a humid sort of fellow, I admit.

Thanks to all for the advice, my cuffs are just starting to fray, so I want to fix / replace them before they get too bad. I use the smock a lot as does the domestic ayatollah, who's marsh warden in our village.

Thanks again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Military Clothing & Boots 50
Martin2445 Weapons, Equipment & Rations 23
Turret_Monster Current Affairs, News and Analysis 14