Woolen cuffs

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by tearsbeforebedtime, Apr 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where can I get hold of woolen cuffs to attach to my smock. Spend a lot of time in Sennybridge and once the velcro get tired/old the wind just kind of blast through the smock via flapping sleeves. Quite annoying. Anyway any info gratefull recieved.

2. Dont know if they make them specially. I bought a second hand smock from a mate which had the tops from a pair of issue sox stiched into the sleeves. Slightly pikey but worked a treat.

Boney

3. Sleeves from an old wooly pully do the trick also

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

TBB, try HM Supplies.

They used to flog them so you could repair your ally smock instead of handing it in for exchange.

5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

7. I belive SASS will sell you some, or just use some old issue green socks

8. Take the cuffs off of your fleece, then exchange it.

9. If you can get hold of Jay Jays in Breacon they knock them out for a fiver.

Just they charge £10 on top of that to sew them on!!!

10. boll@ks - the top of issue green socks stitched on work a treat for me - free and easy

11. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

If you PM me I might be able to help, there used to be a huge box of gash in my old ccf stores. Im sure there were woolen cuffs in there (as i nicked some for my smock!)

12. That is soooooo 80's

13. As mentioned, Du Bora's do them for £5.50.

I got mine from there and then took the cuffs and the smock up to HM Supplies to get them sewn on for £3. Was ready to collect an hour later.

Job done!

14. always found them to soak up water and stay wet forever, try modding your velcro so it seals better,